37Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 113 Old 05-03-2018, 04:44 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Well guys... Wish me luck!

It was that or "Oh, What the hell have I done??"

The former seemed less negative.

So... Five years to the exact day that we first met, my fiancee and I are going to see what all the fuss is about and embark upon this crazy thing called marriage ( 5-11-18). It's been an interesting 5yrs to be certain and as seasoned as I am in life, it's really very cool how I'm still learning and maturing. My soon to be wife has taught me more than I could have ever thought possible and I guess that she has shown me what it is to appreciate our differences as well as to respect her enthusiasm, her strength, and her commitment to this relationship. All that being said, I'm still nervous so any inspirational or otherwise profound thoughts would be valued. Thanks, guys and sorry I've been MIA for a while now... just a whole lot of things happening over the last year or so that's been keeping me busy.

As for all the PM's addressing things like: "What the fuck, asshole... You still here?" and "My Taco Tuner face-book friends just don't make me climax like you do!!" and "Do you wanna see what I found stuck to my skid-plate!" and "Why does this Jeffery guy keep PM'ing me images of his herpes-infected possum??", and "Is the male clitoris really a thing?"... Apologies for not getting back to y'all on these concerns. I always appreciate the correspondence so thank you and I'll do my best in the future.

Anyway... speak now or forever hold your piece!

Few pics of the soon to be bride...

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 113 Old 05-03-2018, 04:52 PM
Random Dude

Congratulations Stub!

May you two have a long and happy life together, and may the fleas of a thousand camels infest the testicles of any who oppose you

PLEASE BUY AMERICAN SO I DON'T HAVE TO LEARN CHINESE
The 4th little pig made his house of reinforced concrete, with wolfskin rugs in every room

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<-- Random crap you might find useful
post #3 of 113 Old 05-03-2018, 05:29 PM
JKO Addict!

Love your life and live with your love

Just want to add I knew she was the one when she extracted that dried up piece of fur from your rig

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

www.4x4s-pod.com

Last edited by Fklein6768; 05-03-2018 at 05:32 PM.
post #4 of 113 Old 05-03-2018, 06:35 PM
Rock God

Congratulations!

It seems like only yesterday you were posting about squirrels' nuts, or squirrels' bowels, or bowls...whatever.

Nervous is normal. Remember that love isn't only a feeling, it is a choice. Marriage is about choosing to put someone else first for the rest of your life. And I'm sure she'll be good at that, so stop being so nervous.

Seriously though, I'm sure you'll both be happy and continue to be awesome together. And I should know what I'm talking about. After all, I'm a stranger on the internet...Name's Tony, by the way, in case you didn't know, haha.
post #5 of 113 Old 05-03-2018, 06:52 PM
Granite Guru

Garage
Smile Congratulations & best wishes to you both!

My usual smartass comment at a time like this is, "You'll never know what you're missing until you're married, but by then, it's too late!".

But seriously, best wishes and congratulations to you any your very pretty bride.

Oh - and my wife has put up with me for 38 years. Perhaps it's she who could cite what she's missing.
post #6 of 113 Old 05-03-2018, 07:40 PM
Rock God

A man's not complete until he has a wife, then he's finished!

Congratulations may your years together be long and fulfilling.

I gotta be me cause everyone else was already taken.
post #7 of 113 Old 05-03-2018, 07:42 PM
Rock God

Garage

Congratulations! Nothing wrong being nervous and all. If she’s put up with you this long you either have her fooled really well or she loves the hell outta you.

Been married to my Wifey for 12 years (this July 31st...wow....she’s put up with me that long...lol). Marriage is about loving and compromising with your best friend. Enjoy each other and don’t forget to have fun along the way.

NDTguy

2017 JKU Sport S
post #8 of 113 Old 05-03-2018, 09:45 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Marcy

Congratulations! I'm not going to wish you luck because you guys have lived together so not much should change. Marriage is what you make of it
post #9 of 113 Old 05-04-2018, 05:27 AM
Cod
Crawler of Malls

Garage
Send a message via MSN to Cod

If that woman can put up with your pervertedness marry her!!!!..... I mean she did get your mouse out of that hole!!!

I just can't believe you told us 7 days before you do it...... you know we can find you and crash the wedding right.....should of waited to tell us at least the day of where there's no chance of us getting there in time..

See ya soon!!!!!.......is it casual or formal wear wedding? Who am I kidding shorts and wife beater shirt is perfect for social event!!!!

Congrats!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsack View Post
We liked you better when we didn't know you. If you just fucked off we could go back to not giving a shit about you.
post #10 of 113 Old 05-04-2018, 05:32 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

i got lucky and also found a cool, pretty, compatible gal back in ‘92 who - for whatever reason - agreed to marry me in ‘97.

You photos make the subject look like a keeper and probably best friend for many ,many years.

That’s the reason for this comment ; to wish you and her a great lifetime together & a very sincere Congratulations, dude.

( edit: mine betterhalf berated me when she saw the possum photo on my monitor ....
I told her it was the dog that I was considering for our kids)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by j3ff3ry_j33p; 05-04-2018 at 05:35 AM.
post #11 of 113 Old 05-04-2018, 05:40 AM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

Congrats stubbie, after 5 years you have worked out a lot of the bugs and if she is still around now well then its about damm time you put a ring on her finger.

You getting a stripper dressed up as a mouse for your party?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
post #12 of 113 Old 05-04-2018, 05:51 AM
Rock God

congrats Stub.

2008 JK
6spd
3.73:1
post #13 of 113 Old 05-04-2018, 06:53 AM
JKO Addict!

Congrats!!!

post #14 of 113 Old 05-04-2018, 06:56 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

congrats and best wishes to you and your future bride on your journey through life!
post #15 of 113 Old 05-04-2018, 07:03 AM
Rock God

Congrats !!

Remember young man "Happy Wife ----Happy Life " and always "Yes My Love" . That's what you say...Commit them to memory .

And when she cuddles up and nibbles on your ear, don't just say" What do you Want " it won't go over well , ask me how I know .

You'll do great together , I have a feeling !
post #16 of 113 Old 05-04-2018, 07:07 AM
Rock God

Garage

She has a stick in her eye.

Congratulations for realzies though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtman View Post
Running 37's as a daily driver is dumb
post #17 of 113 Old 05-04-2018, 01:23 PM
Granite Guru

Congrats Stub!

OIF
post #18 of 113 Old 05-04-2018, 01:31 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Congrats. That's awesome.

Kevin
post #19 of 113 Old 05-04-2018, 01:44 PM
Rock God

Congrats Stub !
post #20 of 113 Old 05-04-2018, 07:30 PM
Rock God

Garage

Strange how things work out sometimes. I was just thinking of you (in reference to "flaming pineapple on fire, sideways,") and checked-in to JK for the first time in a long time to see this. I remember you posting about meeting your fiance, can't believe it's already been five years.

Best of luck to you both.

I'm a JKO Reject
post #21 of 113 Old 05-05-2018, 02:48 AM
Rock God

Grats

Best advice I can give is "A Happy wife is a Happy Life" live by that and you will end up with many happy years together......
post #22 of 113 Old 05-05-2018, 03:54 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Congrats and good luck!

MikeP

post #23 of 113 Old 05-05-2018, 08:09 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Congrats! There is nothing better than a good woman to accompany you through life. And any woman who fishes around your dashboard for a dead rat is definitely a good woman.

All the best to you two.
libordemise likes this.

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag and begin slitting throats." - H.L. Mencken
post #24 of 113 Old 05-06-2018, 06:46 AM
Wheeler

Been married 25 years now and together for about 30...I can tell you "compromise" !
Doing things you both like, shooting, wheelin', ETC is great, but now when she (or you) wants to do something you (or her) isn't what you really want to do, COMPROMISE !

NEVER argue about money, go to bed mad, take the other for granite.

Congrats on taking the leap of faith... It's what YOU BOTH make it, not always peaches and cream, but can be a fun journey...it takes work sometimes.

2015 Wrangler Sport
Daughters new ride
Stock........for now
post #25 of 113 Old 05-06-2018, 09:45 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage

Thanks so much, guys... and Marcy lol. I've read all these comments several times now and I can't express my appreciation enough for the advice and well-wishes. Burning the candle at both ends lately so there unfortunately may not be much coherency in this reply.

Hopefully things won't change in any negative ways. I guess that's part of the reason that I was content with things the way that they were. But as mentioned... a healthy relationship recognizes compromise so rather than fight her on it ( as I did for the first few years) I made the decision to solidify my commitment to her. Also regarding concessions, I've realized that in all of my failed long-term adult relationships, that a big issue was me not being accepting of compromise nor individuality ( aside from one instance where the woman was simply a habitual liar and a piece of shit for accepting my support and subsequently never making things right. Sorry but that one still stings a bit).

With my soon to be wife, it's much different than any previous relationships and that's where I attribute my willingness to understand and value our differences. I'm rather OCD about things but I gotta say that I'm a lot less so than I was 5 years ago! I've discovered that being set in one's ways adds nothing positive to establish a healthy union nor does thinking that one is always right lol. Our willingness to go outside of our own individual comfort zone is I believe, something that has been crucial to establishing a solid foundation and with that, we are seemingly quite appreciative of our differences. I guess it's worth mentioning too, that I am very attentive to her needs and desires... be they spoken or not. I absolutely know that I will never be unfaithful to her in any conscious regard and I will continue to do as I always have over the last five years and provide her with guidance, support, security, and respect... Oh and I'm a fairly passionate and romantic son of a bitch too so that's probably a plus along with the fact that I keep her continually amused lol. I just really hope that all of these things will spell success for us.

Sorry for the rambling but the countdown is on! Today starts my vacation from work and she'll catch up to me next week so that we'll plenty of time off together. The wedding will be on a small scale, casual, and surrounded by about a dozen guests. Shortly after, we'll be heading down to the coast for the honeymoon. Then from there... no more threads about tether-balls, warm sauce, titties, lint brushes, stained seat-covers, or condoms.

You guys are the best. Thanks again so much for your support and I couldn't think of a better group of degenerates to crash a wedding so... I ain't scared! .

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode