37Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #76 of 113 Old 06-04-2018, 05:23 PM
Comfortably Numb

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
Thank you, sir!

Now... Where the hell is Allan??? Anyone been in touch with him?
Allan? Who dat? Heh, heh. Well forgive my sabbatical happening at the wrong time bud! Iíve been in the middle of the atchafalaya swamp basin for a while. Absent of radio tv internet news papers politics etc, etc. nothing is as peaceful. Now Iím having memories of the old JK Board where we met along with TexasKev. Itís been a good ride eh? And now you two are experiencing a good ride. At least you didnít meet her at a drug store or Home Depot. Lol. If Iím to offer you two any advice, it would be never quit communicating. Remember even yelling and screaming is communication. Good luck to you both. Luvs yaíll.

08 Rubi Unlimited named Freebird

Quote:
Cat killing would almost certainly decline if we were allowed to hunt liberals.
Asylum media group llc all rights reserved ©2015
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #77 of 113 Old 06-04-2018, 11:27 PM
Random Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild View Post
If I had pics of my hand when I ripped most of one finger off when I was in the Army, I could help you convince her it might be better to not wear it while working.

I wear no jewelry now days.
Quote:
Damn! Screw her opinion! You've made your point... No more ring!! lol.

I think what she's getting at is that after I'm done with something, I tend to forget to put it back on. But still... In my defense, I've always got another project right around the bend. Thinking of maybe just running it thru my nasal-septum and calling it good!
Quote:
I told her to not read too much into things whenever she sees me without the ring on lol. She's onboard and wants me to be safe and comfortable so... not even an issue.
I never wear my ring, except to family holiday stuff or formal-ish occasions; out of comfort, safety, and maybe a touch of non-conformism.

My wife knows that I don't need the reminder, and that I would never try to pass myself off as anything other than monogamous, married, and taken.

I'm 0% a fan of tattoos, but I did offer to get a wedding band tattooed on (that's how permanent this shit is to me) - fortunately, she thought that was a bad idea.

Maybe none of that ^^^ helped, but there's my take on wedding rings.

If not helpful, re-read it in a Forrest Gump voice and maybe it'll be entertaining

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubiCajun View Post
Allan? Who dat? Heh, heh. Well forgive my sabbatical happening at the wrong time bud! I’ve been in the middle of the atchafalaya swamp basin for a while. Absent of radio tv internet news papers politics etc, etc. nothing is as peaceful. . . .

PLEASE BUY AMERICAN SO I DON'T HAVE TO LEARN CHINESE
The 4th little pig made his house of reinforced concrete, with wolfskin rugs in every room

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<-- Random crap you might find useful
post #78 of 113 Old 06-05-2018, 01:37 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage

@ ExWrench

I feel like part of her deal is that she's still really enthusiastic about being married and still giddy about the official "Mr. & Mrs". thing. I actually like wearing mine ( when I can remember to do so... doh) so I'm quick to put it back on when she brings it to me lol. It's gonna look like hell before too long... already scratched up pretty good but as long as we're in agreement ( which we are) that I'm gonna remove it before wrenching and doing certain projects, and that there's going to be times that I'm going to forget to put it back on, then all is well.

A tattoo is a big "hell, no!" from me. Just looks tacky imo and it's kind of a cop-out in regards to me being conscious of her wishes. I may be a cantankerous old fucker but I still honor her and this union. Plus when we eventually DO get divorced I want to make damn sure that I don't have to amputate that finger before hitting the clubs! Also... Waving to a chick from across the bar just looks SO gangsta' with only three digits.

You always help, Cal... and I usually read your stuff in Forest's voice anyhow!

@ Alan

I sincerely do hope that everything is going well. Sometimes I'm just like an ol' mother hen with the worry and such. This thread would have been at least marginally more entertaining had you been here from it's inception but it's all good. If the wife and I ever do make it over to the morass of LA, I hope to inspect you myself for ticks, bruises, leakage, etc... That way I KNOW you're really alright! I'll bring my stethoscope and tongue depressors so... fair warning. Truly... Thank you, Alan... All the best to you, your wife, and the family. Take care, brother.

And fwiw... Over five years into this relationship and no yelling or fights yet... no joke. Maybe a handful of short-lived heated discussions but that's about it. The only time that I scream is when I'm in the bathroom and the only time that she screams is when she has to use aforementioned bathroom immediately after me. So far so good!
Cod and ExWrench like this.

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
post #79 of 113 Old 07-17-2018, 11:45 AM
Rock God

Garage
Send a message via MSN to b1pig

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild View Post
If I had pics of my hand when I ripped most of one finger off when I was in the Army, I could help you convince her it might be better to not wear it while working.

I wear no jewelry now days.

had one hell of a surgeon in Army sewed everything back together. even still works although very little feeling in it.

they told me they could follow the blood trail from the motor pool to the medics office.

Motor pool... Hmmm... what did you do when you were in? First half of my Army "career", I worked on the M1. Reclassed to MP.. hated it. ETS'd. Loved working on the tanks, though. They showed us those videos and photos to prevent those things from happening to us. I'm hard headed. I've almost never taken my ring off. When I did while working on a tank, I put it on my dog tags. Never lost it. I'm still a bit hard headed about it.

In my current career, I've only seen one loose a finger because of a wedding ring. Wedding band got caught on the side of a dumpster. Stepped up on the side of it to look in, foot slipped. Ring caught the side of the dumpster and "degloved" the finger. I saw it when he came into the ER. It was ugly.

LOTS of silicone wedding bands were purchased by my peers after that....

https://qalo.com/
This is where most of them got theirs.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'19 Ram 1500, '01 BMW R1100RT, '99 Fat Boy
needed: ̶b̶o̶a̶t̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ plane
post #80 of 113 Old 07-17-2018, 12:21 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Plus when we eventually DO get divorced I want to make damn sure that I don't have to amputate that finger before hitting the clubs! Also... Waving to a chick from across the bar just looks SO gangsta' with only three digits.

You always help, Cal... and I usually read your stuff in Forest's voice anyhow!
I have never understood the idea of planning for a divorce. Maybe it is that I am ultra conservative, or whatever, I just donít get it.

I wear a ring, and have for thirty years. Iím not sure but Iím pretty sure it would take a minor miracle to get it off and the identation on my finger to go away. When my wife and I were first engaged, my Nosy oldest sister thought she should have input on whether or not I should wear a ring. My sweet wife, as quick as she offered her opinion said, ďwe talked about it, and if his finger gets pulled off, he can wear it on another finger.Ē Shut my sister up really quick, and for thirty years, she has hated my wife.
post #81 of 113 Old 07-18-2018, 06:29 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1pig View Post
Motor pool... Hmmm... what did you do when you were in? First half of my Army "career", I worked on the M1. Reclassed to MP.. hated it. ETS'd. Loved working on the tanks, though. They showed us those videos and photos to prevent those things from happening to us. I'm hard headed. I've almost never taken my ring off. When I did while working on a tank, I put it on my dog tags. Never lost it. I'm still a bit hard headed about it.

In my current career, I've only seen one loose a finger because of a wedding ring. Wedding band got caught on the side of a dumpster. Stepped up on the side of it to look in, foot slipped. Ring caught the side of the dumpster and "degloved" the finger. I saw it when he came into the ER. It was ugly.

LOTS of silicone wedding bands were purchased by my peers after that....

https://qalo.com/
This is where most of them got theirs.
Field Artillery. M109A2 actually hooked the ring in the M548 ammo carrier.
it was not a fun day.

2008 JK
6spd
3.73:1
post #82 of 113 Old 09-26-2018, 04:20 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Thank you, sir!

Now... Where the hell is Allan??? Anyone been in touch with him?

^X2

blatant re-use of an appropriate comment but an old thead.

Did @RubiCajun split town for good

post #83 of 113 Old 10-06-2018, 02:40 AM
Random Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3ff3ry_j33p View Post
^X2

blatant re-use of an appropriate comment but an old thead.

Did @RubiCajun split town for good

I too have been wondering where the ol' Acadian horndog is . . .

So, I just e-stalked him like the Jedi ninja master hacker I am. . . (looked at his profile ) :

Quote:
Originally Posted by WharDafook'dRubiCajunGeaux?

Last Activity: 07-18-2018 07:21 AM
. . .

EDIT: maybe he followed that purple left boob over to WayaWireNuts?
j3ff3ry_j33p likes this.

The 4th little pig made his house of reinforced concrete, with wolfskin rugs in every room

Last edited by ExWrench; 10-06-2018 at 02:44 AM.
post #84 of 113 Old 10-06-2018, 08:10 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage

It's really not like the A-Man to be MIA for so long. Last time he was here ( I think in this thread) I felt like something was "off" about his demeanor but I sure don't have the right to speculate beyond that. Really hoping that he and Ed are on the road out west... Thelma & Louise style... Taking turns on the bitch seat as they straddle that rumbling hog... wind in their long silvery locks... burning down one town after another and showing the young ladies what a couple of American made all-beef patties are all about. But not for a minute do I think that he would've passed on the koala sex-party if he'd had the opportunity to have jumped in. In complete seriousness... Hoping all is well.

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
post #85 of 113 Old 10-06-2018, 08:31 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

yeah, you maybe got that last response out of him ( this thread, as u mentioned) just as he was acknowledging the timing or start of iirc wht he called ' a sabbatical' or something; I sensed a diff'rent "tone" ,also ( we spend a sh*tload of time together on this bloody forum if we can pik tht stuff up, lol) in his comment but it more seemed as-tho he was just quik chcking -in & replied to you so u were aware?

I kno he gets ruffled feathers over tech BS so possibly he went workin, travelin and wanted 'stuff' to get worked-out w jko for a while.

He likes this place and will be back, I am sure.

post #86 of 113 Old 10-08-2018, 07:33 AM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

Well, I have talked to Allan in the past few months and have texted him a lot. Don't know if he wants me to say or not but since this is one big dysfunctional family whats he gonna do disown me?

He was out hunting and had to come home early from his trip. Went to Dr. and they have diagnosed him with severe COPD. He can't drive the last time I talked with him and he is pretty much stuck on Oxygen.

But he is alive still.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
post #87 of 113 Old 10-08-2018, 07:42 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage

Well he never could drive so what's new?

If you correspond with him... Tell him we love him and I personally miss stroking his fur in manly ways.

post #88 of 113 Old 10-08-2018, 07:55 AM
Rock God

^^^^^X-2^^^^^^

Rubi if you read this Fight This With All Ya Got !

You are and have been in our thoughts , miss ya .
j3ff3ry_j33p likes this.
post #89 of 113 Old 10-08-2018, 08:47 AM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

Quote:

If you correspond with him... Tell him we love him and I personally miss stroking his fur in manly ways.
Shit last time he drove the jeep it tried to kill him.

AND TMFI on the fur.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
post #90 of 113 Old 10-08-2018, 02:06 PM
Rock God

Garage

Tell him I said hello and I hope he’s doing well.

NDTguy

2017 JKU Sport S
post #91 of 113 Old 10-08-2018, 02:59 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:

^X2!

Holy crap. Dude's had a rough few years . Please tell him we're all thinking of him (but NOT being run down at the end of his driveway - type thinkin 'bout him ) ... in a cool dude kinda way...
I had no idea we had Furbies among-us in here , Stub

Allan's seemingly a trooper; hope he feels better soon.

post #92 of 113 Old 10-10-2018, 07:04 AM
Cod
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via MSN to Cod

Like the others have said tell him we're asking about him and wish him well!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsack View Post
We liked you better when we didn't know you. If you just fucked off we could go back to not giving a shit about you.
post #93 of 113 Old 05-11-2019, 04:12 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage

Well guys... the divorce was quick and painless. I'm finally free!

But seriously... My wife and I are celebrating our one year anniversary today! It's been one hell of an interesting year full of good and bad. Some of the more notable things...

Chelsea's mother ( that I've spoken about on jko before) died last year. With their strained relationship, I would've assumed this to be a relatively manageable event. I was very very wrong and suffice it to say that it was emotionally overwhelming for her. Never before has my heart broken so badly for her. But time definitely heals most wounds and despite all the crazy details that I'm leaving out... she has handled this all quite well. It's maybe one instance of adversity forging one's character because I believe her to be stronger than she ever was before.

Chelsea also has gotten a notable promotion at her job/ career last year. She's steadily moving up the ladder and is a seemingly vital and appreciated part of the company. Her enthusiasm, work ethic, and dedication is truly inspiring. She's established her 401k and has made nothing but wise decisions regarding her future. I've guided her a good deal along the way but this is all HER imo and I couldn't be more proud of this vibrant and successful woman!

We got a cat! I'm a life long dog guy and so I was adamantly opposed to this for the longest time. But I truly love Chelsea and want her to have the things that she genuinely desires so I caved in and we adopted a rescue last year. One of the BEST decisions I've ever made! I love this precious little thing. So many of the horror stories about cats just haven't played out with this one. She's the sweetest, cleanest, most well behaved animal that I've ever owned and Chelsea absolutely adores her. Admittedly... I do too.

As of Thursday last week, I did something that has been very difficult to bring myself to do... put in my 2 weeks notice at the job I've had over the last 10 years. My 10 year anniversary was in fact last week as well. It's a job that was overall miserable and often infuriating. It also robbed me of a great deal... physically, mentally, and emotionally but I had a considerable extended family there that I will absolutely miss. It's a bit surreal and bittersweet right now but I believe that I'll make the transition without much issue. I likely would've stuck it out longer but over the past year or so Chelsea has become increasingly vocal regarding her insistence that I leave. She's seen what it's done to me and although we don't know what the next chapter will present, we'll continue to walk the road together... for better/ for worse.

Obviously there have been many other things transpiring throughout this past year but I just wanted to touch on a few things as this post is already way too long. I feel that we continue to grow closer as our time together continues and I think that I can speak for her and say that we are both very happy and very appreciative of what we have brought into this relationship. Marriage hasn't "changed" anything nor has it changed me but at least in regards to my own feelings, I love this woman with all my heart and I will continue to provide security, respect, compassion, and devotion for as long as I'm alive. You never know what the future may hold but if the rest of the years are anything like the first... we'll be just fine.

Take care guys and my humble and sincere thanks go out to you all for the support and words of wisdom that y'all have offered when I needed it the most.

post #94 of 113 Old 05-11-2019, 05:47 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Well guys... the divorce was quick and painless. I'm finally free!

But seriously... My wife and I are celebrating our one year anniversary today! It's been one hell of an interesting year full of good and bad. Some of the more notable things...

Chelsea's mother ( that I've spoken about on jko before) died last year. With their strained relationship, I would've assumed this to be a relatively manageable event. I was very very wrong and suffice it to say that it was emotionally overwhelming for her. Never before has my heart broken so badly for her. But time definitely heals most wounds and despite all the crazy details that I'm leaving out... she has handled this all quite well. It's maybe one instance of adversity forging one's character because I believe her to be stronger than she ever was before.

Chelsea also has gotten a notable promotion at her job/ career last year. She's steadily moving up the ladder and is a seemingly vital and appreciated part of the company. Her enthusiasm, work ethic, and dedication is truly inspiring. She's established her 401k and has made nothing but wise decisions regarding her future. I've guided her a good deal along the way but this is all HER imo and I couldn't be more proud of this vibrant and successful woman!

We got a cat! I'm a life long dog guy and so I was adamantly opposed to this for the longest time. But I truly love Chelsea and want her to have the things that she genuinely desires so I caved in and we adopted a rescue last year. One of the BEST decisions I've ever made! I love this precious little thing. So many of the horror stories about cats just haven't played out with this one. She's the sweetest, cleanest, most well behaved animal that I've ever owned and Chelsea absolutely adores her. Admittedly... I do too.

As of Thursday last week, I did something that has been very difficult to bring myself to do... put in my 2 weeks notice at the job I've had over the last 10 years. My 10 year anniversary was in fact last week as well. It's a job that was overall miserable and often infuriating. It also robbed me of a great deal... physically, mentally, and emotionally but I had a considerable extended family there that I will absolutely miss. It's a bit surreal and bittersweet right now but I believe that I'll make the transition without much issue. I likely would've stuck it out longer but over the past year or so Chelsea has become increasingly vocal regarding her insistence that I leave. She's seen what it's done to me and although we don't know what the next chapter will present, we'll continue to walk the road together... for better/ for worse.

Obviously there have been many other things transpiring throughout this past year but I just wanted to touch on a few things as this post is already way too long. I feel that we continue to grow closer as our time together continues and I think that I can speak for her and say that we are both very happy and very appreciative of what we have brought into this relationship. Marriage hasn't "changed" anything nor has it changed me but at least in regards to my own feelings, I love this woman with all my heart and I will continue to provide security, respect, compassion, and devotion for as long as I'm alive. You never know what the future may hold but if the rest of the years are anything like the first... we'll be just fine.

Take care guys and my humble and sincere thanks go out to you all for the support and words of wisdom that y'all have offered when I needed it the most.
after 30 years of happy marriage let me give you some sound advise...never think you can speak for your wife.
Fklein6768 and ndtguy like this.
post #95 of 113 Old 05-11-2019, 06:09 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadmt View Post
after 30 years of happy marriage let me give you some sound advise...never think you can speak for your wife.
I'm only at 20yrs in a few days and I learned that one early on

Sounds like a good move Stub. If it was that much of a grind it was time to move on. The cat thing disturbes me but we all have something

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

www.4x4s-pod.com
post #96 of 113 Old 05-11-2019, 06:36 AM
Cod
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via MSN to Cod

You got a fucking cat?!?!?!

Congrats Stub, my best friend is my wife, been married knocking on 30 years and I like being married. It has its trying times but the rewards far outweigh those times.

Congrats on the job change, just went thru one of those also and itís turned out to be a good move!
coilrod likes this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsack View Post
We liked you better when we didn't know you. If you just fucked off we could go back to not giving a shit about you.
post #97 of 113 Old 05-11-2019, 08:01 AM
Random Dude

Congrats on your one-year anniversary Stub! Keep on keepin' on.

Isn't that a bit early to . . . bring new pussy into the relationship?

Glad to hear you bailed on a soul-sucking job, hope your next gig is a good one

post #98 of 113 Old 05-11-2019, 08:29 AM
JKO Addict!

Congrats Stub. Gonna hit 25 in August, the phrase "yes dear" is helpful formlong term bliss.

ďIt isn't so much that liberals are ignorant. It's just that they know so many things that aren't so.Ē― Ronald Reagan
post #99 of 113 Old 05-11-2019, 11:06 AM
Rock God

Garage

Congrats Stub!

It will be 13 years this year for us. My Wife is my best friend also.

A few things to consider....
1. As Jadmt said, you can never speak for your Wife.
2. If she ever becomes a stay-at-home Mom, never say that "she doesn't work."

NDTguy

2017 JKU Sport S
post #100 of 113 Old 05-11-2019, 01:12 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage

Thanks so much, guys!

I will quote her exact words here. She said "You can speak for me anytime because you know me better than anyone ever has"... her exact words. So maybe I can lol! I can also say with complete confidence that I've so far been a pretty damned good husband. I will always honor her and I will never neglect her needs nor the vows that I said to her one year ago... no joke.

Now here's a picture of my wife's pussy!

coilrod and Cod like this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode