I'm done with the NFL - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 81Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 139 Old 09-25-2017, 07:10 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

I'm done with the NFL

at least for this year. I've been a pretty die hard steelers fan my whole life.

Yesterday i sat down to watch the game. about 10 mins into it (ran a 10k and got home a little late). every 10 mins the announcers were showing pics and video of these overpaid meatheads around the league kneeling during the national anthem.

Fuck em.

And then

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2017/0...al-anthem.html

FUCK you tomlin. You didn't serve a day in your life and you think you can tell this hero how to honor his country/flag/anthem.

Fuck em. i'm done. I didn't even have a problem with the steelers staying in the tunnel. But having to hear about these bullshit protests every 10 mins while trying to watch football...

no more NFL for me. At least until this silliness is over. I'm tuning in to watch football not hear the politics of a bunch of meatheads. If i want politics i'll switch over to fox/cnn

31 jeeps in... still have issues
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 139 Old 09-25-2017, 07:54 AM
Rock God

NFL players have the right to hate America .

America has the right to hate them back .

Boycott the NFL and their advertisers , sponsors .
Now the MLB Oakland "A s" Bruce Maxwell , Goodbye MLB .

But I don't want politics with my sports , that's like Kale Ice Cream .
There is a time and place for freedom of expression , and that is not during the National Anthem .

I'm taking a knee on sports in politics , or is that politics in sports .

A message to Curry and James and all the others taking a knee or having their fist in the air .
Go ahead and take a knee during the Anthem.
The Goldstar Families and those that lost their lives will stand just fine in your place .
Everyone should stand for the National Anthem , for the respect of those that did indeed lose their legs and arms and hands to place over their hearts .And for those that lost their lives and are not here to respect our Anthem and Flag .

I will respect your Constitutional Right to protest , but I do not also respect you .

Personally I will use my wallet to show how I feel about the NFL , MLB . I have no interest in the NBA , never did .

The TV is not in use on Mon. Nite or Sun. for the NFL .
The TV is not in use for the MLB either .

No respect for your style of protest .

Put your life on the line for your Country and see if it changes your outlook , these are over paid ignorant idiots that see things through optics that have been fed on a Liberal baby bottle of Hollywood , Liberal Media and the Liberal Education System .
Cod, ExWrench, ndtguy and 3 others like this.
post #3 of 139 Old 09-25-2017, 08:54 AM
Cod
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via MSN to Cod

I haven't watched a game since last year and won't until they decide to stop this shit!

You want to protest it's your right and I respect that right, but to take a knee during the national anthem is a stab in the back to all of those that serve, have served and lost their life! That anthem and flag gives you that right to protest at least show a little respect for it!

They can protest after the game, before kick off or any other time they choose, they have the money, the time and pooled together the resources to do anything they can imagine but yet they choose to shit on the flag during the one time that most Americans come together.......
ndtguy, un lupus and The old fart like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsack View Post
We liked you better when we didn't know you. If you just fucked off we could go back to not giving a shit about you.

Last edited by Cod; 09-25-2017 at 08:58 AM.
post #4 of 139 Old 09-25-2017, 09:08 AM
Rock God

But you see, the game is the only time that person actually matters in life. If they did it afterwards or before, no one would give two shits about what they were doing. I don't believe they will spend their money on protesting.

I will watch the Cowboys tonight, BUT if any of them are kneeling game is off and F them.
The old fart likes this.

2010 2 door manual sport
post #5 of 139 Old 09-25-2017, 09:15 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treader View Post
But you see, the game is the only time that person actually matters in life. If they did it afterwards or before, no one would give two shits about what they were doing. I don't believe they will spend their money on protesting.

I will watch the Cowboys tonight, BUT if any of them are kneeling game is off and F them.
Even if they're not. you'll see plenty of replays and the announcers talking about it. at least that's how sunday was.

31 jeeps in... still have issues
post #6 of 139 Old 09-25-2017, 09:27 AM
JKO Addict!

As a Cowboys fan with the utmost faith in America's team, I hope to God they are standing proud with their hands on the hearts, if not for the God-given talent they have then for Jerry Jones standing behind them with a baton waiting to give them a reason to kneel.

Quote:
OKAY FUCKMOUTH.
post #7 of 139 Old 09-25-2017, 12:55 PM
Comfortably Numb

Garage

A majority of these mental midget jocks will never equal the accomplishments,
Bravery and patriotism of Pat Tilman. I wonder what they would do in his presence. RIP bro.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pat_Tillman

08 Rubi Unlimited named Freebird

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
Cat killing would almost certainly decline if we were allowed to hunt liberals.
Asylum media group llc all rights reserved 2015

Last edited by RubiCajun; 09-25-2017 at 01:23 PM.
post #8 of 139 Old 09-25-2017, 01:28 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

All the owners have to do, is make it company policy to stand for the anthem.

Unfortunately, they're cowards.

Fuck everyone of those players that takes a knee. Respect the flag or get the fuck out.
ndtguy, un lupus and The old fart like this.

Kevin
post #9 of 139 Old 09-25-2017, 05:06 PM
Granite Guru

As viewership goes down, the TV money is gonna go down. This will eventually impact the team caps, and all the sudden, the players are finally going to realize they pissed off their core fans. Im just surprised the owners are going along with this.

What a disgrace. I wont watch again til they stand up and respect our flag, our country, and the people that fought for the flag.
The old fart likes this.
post #10 of 139 Old 09-25-2017, 06:16 PM
Rock God

Much of the NFL are wealthy without merit, pieces of human debris, but that's come to be expected from them over the years. What goes beyond the pale however, is the response of Roger Goodell.

https://news.grabien.com/story-roger...etting-players

It's one thing for many to stop watching the games, but it would be even better if everyone who disagrees with his stance were to contact all sponsors and advertisers and to stop purchasing any NFL related merchandise. Let he and them feel that for a season. I realize that such a boycott is extremely unlikely to happen on a sufficient scale and in the rare event that if it miraculously did, it might hurt the economy a bit, but I'm not sure how else they might get the message loud and clear.
un lupus likes this.

I gotta be me cause everyone else was already taken.
post #11 of 139 Old 09-25-2017, 06:47 PM
Rock God

our memories are so short that this week we are mad and next week everybody will be standing around talking about how great their team played.....If the stands were empty for a month you would see everybody standing, respecting the flag. Trump does need to learn when to STFU. I voted for him but he sometimes boggles my mind with the stupid shit he does.
post #12 of 139 Old 09-25-2017, 07:34 PM
Wheeler

Garage

On the bright side, this gives all of us more free time and money to spend on our Jeeps. I, for one, had a very productive Sunday not watching these clowns display their antics on tv.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
The old fart likes this.
post #13 of 139 Old 09-25-2017, 07:49 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlgrav182 View Post
As a Cowboys fan with the utmost faith in America's team, I hope to God they are standing proud with their hands on the hearts, if not for the God-given talent they have then for Jerry Jones standing behind them with a baton waiting to give them a reason to kneel.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/dallas-cowboys-including-owner-jerry-jones-link-arms/story?id=50091397&cid=share_facebook_widget

Jerry kneeled right there with them.
post #14 of 139 Old 09-25-2017, 09:05 PM
Granite Guru

My favorite was the "nfler" who said "no disrespect to the military" like that fixes it. Done. The bad part is when it comes to college football too.
post #15 of 139 Old 09-25-2017, 10:38 PM
Rock God

Garage

I stopped watching the NFL this year over this BS. Until every person on the team (player/trainers/coaches) start standing and respecting the flag, the NFL can kiss my ass.

Just like when the Seahawk's black power hand salute jackass got arrested here in Vegas for "not doin' nuttin'". BS. You were acting stupid looking at where the shots were fired, looking back at the club while half hiding behind a slot machine. When the police arrived, told you to stop, you ran off. What did you think was going to happen asshole. So instead of obeying the officer's command and tell them what was going on/what you saw, you got to kiss concrete and get cuff'd. Stop acting like you didn't do anything. You failed to comply with an officer's orders and you acted suspicious as hell. That's why you ate concrete and got cuff'd. People here in town know you're an ass and saw it all over the local news.

I hope to GAWD it doesn't reach college football. I would be willing to be a few coaches would tell their players if they did something like this, then they would be off the team and scholly's revoked. If college football starts this crap, they'll go to the way side also.

Haven't watched basketball or baseball in years. Find it boring and people like James think they're so damn good. What I wouldn't give to see him up against Jordon, Magic and the like. He'd go crying in the fetal position because back then, every team had 3-4 really damn good players. Not like now days you might have two (save for when Miami decided to sell their souls to satan...lol).

Okay, I'm stepping down off my soap box.

NDTguy

2017 JKU Sport S
post #16 of 139 Old 09-25-2017, 10:51 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Shit, I saw on the news there was a PeeWee football team that did it. That's the fucking parents giving them the idea. 8yr old kids don't think about politics.
The old fart likes this.

Kevin
post #17 of 139 Old 09-26-2017, 12:25 AM
Granite Guru

Meh...I got better things to do in the fall than watch football anyway!
The old fart likes this.

"Wake me for the Revolution..."
post #18 of 139 Old 09-26-2017, 05:45 AM
Cod
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via MSN to Cod

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDaPP View Post
My favorite was the "nfler" who said "no disrespect to the military" like that fixes it. Done. The bad part is when it comes to college football too.
It's coming, some jackass will want to make a statement and simply do it for attention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt1guy View Post
Shit, I saw on the news there was a PeeWee football team that did it. That's the fucking parents giving them the idea. 8yr old kids don't think about politics.

That whole group who made those kids do that just taught those kids they were different than any other kid on that field, they just opened the door. They did those kids such an injustice that day, sad thing is if the coaches had prayed with them he would be asked to resign as the coach.......let that sink in.
The old fart likes this.

Quote:
We liked you better when we didn't know you. If you just fucked off we could go back to not giving a shit about you.
post #19 of 139 Old 09-26-2017, 06:09 AM
Wheeler

Garage

I haven't watched a single game yet this year an doubt I will because of this dumb shit. But then again I'm not really missing anything since I'm from Cleveland and my team is the Browns.
The old fart likes this.

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

See America First!
post #20 of 139 Old 09-26-2017, 06:23 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadmt View Post
Trump does need to learn when to STFU. I voted for him but he sometimes boggles my mind with the stupid shit he does.
He's just saying what everyone in here is thinking. Refreshing to have someone in charge who isn't solely reading from a prompter. But, I too cringe at some of the things he says or has to have an opinion on. We have smaller problems like the asshole in N. Korea to worry about.
ndtguy likes this.

2007 JKU Sahara........................... 2015 JKU Sahara
5.3/6l80E......................................2.5" Rock Krawler Expedition Stage-1
Teraflex 44 front, Stock 44 rear........35's
Bastard lift
Totaled; being rebuilt
post #21 of 139 Old 09-26-2017, 06:32 AM
Rock God

They all make me fucking sick. I have never been a guy that is a huge sports fanatic. The whole celebrity opinion spotlight makes my blood boil. I will nevertheless understand why these people want to shit on this country.
post #22 of 139 Old 09-26-2017, 07:51 AM
Granite Guru

Exactly. These spoiled babies only can make this type of money in the USA, and then they crap on it.
The old fart likes this.

07 JKU, 14 bolt rear/ Teraflex 60 front, Tera Long Arm, King Coilovers, 40" MT/R-Ks, Antirock etc. 430HP LS3 engine swap. Cage and 14 bolt swap thread-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #23 of 139 Old 09-26-2017, 08:10 AM
Rock God

During the campaign before the 2016 election, the left, college kidiots, illegals, LGBBQQWERTYs, the feminazis, etc. were protesting, rioting and damaging property and it was shown on the news every week. All that did was piss off a lot of middle America and push them to vote for Trump. And Trump saw that.

Now Trump knows he can make the left come completely unhinged and act the fool by making a simple comment (in his own unique way of saying fuck you without actually saying fuck you) about supporting America and the military by standing for the Anthem, and boycotting the NFL. The left becomes unhinged once again, and middle America is still quietly paying attention. The 2018 elections are coming up, dontcha know. And Trump is playing the left like a busted fiddle.

OR...

The left think they can continue doing what they did before the election and somehow, this time, everyone will jump on their little red wagon. What's that definition of insanity again?

I dunno, that's just my sorta-paying attention take.

But yeah, I look at the NFL as a business with employers, employees, and I'm the customer. If I don't like how the business operates, I take my money elsewhere. I've been a Steelers fan since grade school. I like watching a game as a source of entertainment, a time to wind down and chill out. Now, my one source of politics-free entertainment has become overly politicized. Fuck it. The weather's still nice. I'll drink adult beverages and float around in our pool this Sunday.
ndtguy and The old fart like this.
post #24 of 139 Old 09-26-2017, 08:36 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k2wranglerx View Post
http://abcnews.go.com/US/dallas-cowboys-including-owner-jerry-jones-link-arms/story?id=50091397&cid=share_facebook_widget

Jerry kneeled right there with them.
well yes and no. team took a knee for a second BEFORE the anthem. entire team stood for the anthem as they should.

as for the NFL girlfriend loves the cowboys and as long as they keep standing she'll keep watching. one kneels and the shit is over.
I watch the local team Packers until last week they said three of them were kneeling. done. heard it was a good game, too bad.

hopefully they lose tons of fans throughout the NFL and hopefully never get them back. that way these idiots will realize starting shit like this is never a good idea.

my favorite was a report of a new country music star Meghan Linsey. she sings the anthem (you know for her money) than takes a knee. hmmm how many country music fans do you think this brand new star pissed off with her performance. yep that career will probably be over.
The old fart likes this.

2008 JK
6spd
3.73:1
post #25 of 139 Old 09-26-2017, 08:52 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMachine View Post
Much of the NFL are wealthy without merit, pieces of human debris, but that's come to be expected from them over the years. What goes beyond the pale however, is the response of Roger Goodell.

https://news.grabien.com/story-roger...etting-players

It's one thing for many to stop watching the games, but it would be even better if everyone who disagrees with his stance were to contact all sponsors and advertisers and to stop purchasing any NFL related merchandise. Let he and them feel that for a season. I realize that such a boycott is extremely unlikely to happen on a sufficient scale and in the rare event that if it miraculously did, it might hurt the economy a bit, but I'm not sure how else they might get the message loud and clear.
^^^^THIS^^^^^^
The sponsors should know how the great majority of the Country feels about the disrespect of those that serve or have served or have made the ultimate sacrifice .
Heaven forbid anyone disrespect anyone of them in front of me , a nutpunch would only be the beginning .
The old fart likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode