The Only Ram Air Aluminum Snorkel in the world for a Jeep Renegade TrailHawk! - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 3Likes
  • 1 Post By j3ff3ry_j33p
  • 2 Post By snout

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 08-10-2017, 11:59 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

The Only Ram Air Aluminum Snorkel in the world for a Jeep Renegade TrailHawk!

The Only Ram Air Aluminum Snorkel in the world for a Jeep Renegade TrailHawk!
It took us awhile to make this. We used 2x3 boxed aluminum .35 wall and a ton of sweat.

More details coming soon at Renegade Aluminum Snorkel Build

07 JKU, To see my mods & Jeep in Action @
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CEO of Black Sheep 4x4s
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Member of CCJ, White Jeep Club Member #137.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 08-11-2017, 04:25 AM
Rock God

I have some questions. First, is it really almost 3/8" thick aluminum, or did you mean .035"?

Also, what is the diameter of the little intake holes drilled in the top? If I go by my guess of 1/4" ( and my best attempt at counting the holes) that only gives you around 2.5 square inches of total opening for intake air (equivelant to 20% less cross sectional area than a 2" round tube). Any worry that is causing restriction?

How sturdy are the "dryer vent" tubes? Will it hold up where it is laying on the edge of the metal there? Maybe use something to protect it from that edge?

Speaking of metal edges, what are the blue and tan wires in the last two pictures? The tan one in particular seems stretched rather snug around two metal edges. Might want to protect them from chaffing.

Also, those under-hood lights along the front of the engine compartment. Don't those just blind the crap out of you if you try to work under the hood with them on?

Last edited by BigTB; 08-11-2017 at 06:03 AM.
post #3 of 6 Old 08-11-2017, 05:27 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

@BigTB is more observant than I am and fields logical questions. To my eyes , it looks like drilling small holes versus using an expanded aluminum mesh for breather opening is suffocating your Jeeplette .
I doubt there are many 4'-6' high rock walls in Florida to lay it over into the snorkel but there are sh*ttons of palms and palmettos to need it fortified against so seems stout enough.
The points connected to body with either welds or bondo or Elmers need to be cleaned up cuz they look rough .
The engine bay lights sure would be practical if they pointed at the engine instead of at whomever opens the hoodlette. And man was the former comment about whatever that beige wire is thatscup against sheetmetal has life expectancy of about 2 weeks in that position.
I give you an A- for the obvious effort involved , a B+ for your aluminum welding , a B for originality , a C- for safety adherence and a D for consideration about the effect upon the Jeeplette's respiratory system. Oh, and it might be time to put a 1month hold upon you Jeep addiction and toss the next $500.00 on the facia of the house in the form of a power wash and fresh coat of paint ,lol

Rubi-8 likes this.

post #4 of 6 Old 08-11-2017, 10:57 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

If you ever use all that snorkel, you're going to also need SCUBA gear.

Kevin
post #5 of 6 Old 08-12-2017, 04:29 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

@gt1guy -
to be fair to the OP , I went to some of his blacksheep4x4 videos ;if those are indications of what he is proposing to take the jeeplette thru, he absolutely will benefit from a snorkel
...there may not be many rocks down in Florida but man do they run water hazards that are pretty much just deep swamps !
I get it if this Renegade is really gonna be taken into the Everglades and submerged, @mrsig

post #6 of 6 Old 08-12-2017, 02:31 PM
I am the one, a god with a gun

Fiat Panda: U-Boat Edition.
Banshee and samuelrclark like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode