JK FAIL!! - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2016, 11:06 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

JK FAIL!!

I posted this in the fail thread of Pirate, but it's too good to not post here!

Story I gathered from Facebook.
Drunk ass hat bebopped his 2016 jeep through the "360" trails, decided to drive on the bridge (stupid idea, 30' drop on the other end of the bridge so even if he made it he would have had to back all the way back across the bridge). Drunk stuper kicks in and he damn near slides off the bridge. He and friends walk out and tell a fellow jeeper his jeep is stuck on the bridge but isn't worried about it because it's not his favorite car. Tow truck comes to pull it out, gets stuck half way to it, and leaves. Next day the jeep is discovered by a member of North Texas Off Road Recovery (FB group). They post pics, people come up with plan to help, but can't get ahold of owner. FB post gets shared all over FB and bad people take advantage of it and go strip the jeep, taking the bumper, winch, seats, stereo, and parts off of the engine. A knuckle head helper person goes to try and get the jeep back on the rails of the bridge with out the owners permission, gets too late and he bails, but posts on FB that he tried. Owner finds jeep in pieces and calls cops... Now everyone who went near the jeep is in question and FB group had to close the post.

After Strip...

1978 CJ-5
My 2015 JKU build:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2016, 11:34 AM
JKO Addict!

WTF, they took the grill but not the extremely expensive hood and hard top? idiots lol

31 jeeps in... still have issues
Old 11-17-2016, 11:55 AM
Rock God

Probably too big to fit into whatever they were driving.

As for the owner... Do stupid shit, win stupid prizes.

It shouldn't be a high priority for the police, it wasn't his favourite car! (The insurance company who will probably be paying out if they cover it, on the other hand...)
MAC7 likes this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clone7
When you die, you see your life going by in a flash.

Steve Jobs didn't - Apple doesn't support Flash.
This message has been reviewed & approved by the NSA, Google and Microsoft.
Old 11-17-2016, 12:03 PM
Cod
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via MSN to Cod

Stupid is as stupid does.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsack View Post
We liked you better when we didn't know you. If you just fucked off we could go back to not giving a shit about you.
Old 11-17-2016, 12:27 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

Wow... I frequent this trail. Thats crazy

'15 JKU/ 3" Synergy MFG Stage 2/ Fox 2.0 Performance Series IFP/ 35" KM2/ 4.56 Yukon Gears/ Currie Rock Jock 44/ ARB Locker/ Adams 1310/ VKS Fab/ Evo MFG
Old 11-17-2016, 12:47 PM
Comfortably Numb

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
Probably too big to fit into whatever they were driving.

As for the owner... Do stupid shit, win stupid prizes.

It shouldn't be a high priority for the police, it wasn't his favourite car! (The insurance company who will probably be paying out if they cover it, on the other hand...)
couldn't fit everything in the FJ?

08 Rubi Unlimited named Freebird

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
Cat killing would almost certainly decline if we were allowed to hunt liberals.
Asylum media group llc all rights reserved ©2015
Old 11-17-2016, 01:08 PM
Wheeler

I'm having a difficult time coming up with a scenario where you lose a front tire but not the wheel🤔
Old 11-17-2016, 01:31 PM
Rock God

Crappy situation for the guys trying to help him recover it. Hope nothing happens to them.
Banshee likes this.

2010 2 door manual sport
Old 11-17-2016, 01:32 PM
Wheeler

i just seen a video on instagram. Nothing is Left of that Jeep. top, seats, radio, hood, bumpers etc.
Old 11-17-2016, 02:03 PM
JKO Addict!

Karma for illegal wheeling.....

ďIt isn't so much that liberals are ignorant. It's just that they know so many things that aren't so.Ē― Ronald Reagan
Old 11-17-2016, 03:28 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubiCajun View Post
couldn't fit everything in the FJ?
Not with all the candy and duct-tape.

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
Old 11-18-2016, 05:09 AM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1eviljk View Post
i just seen a video on instagram. Nothing is Left of that Jeep. top, seats, radio, hood, bumpers etc.
and you didn't post it here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
Old 11-18-2016, 05:10 AM

Hopefully they don't breed.

Quote:
Quote:
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
Old 11-18-2016, 07:09 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Guy on pirate posted this video.... The jeep is F-d! Looks like someone tried to pull the jeep off the bridge and not in a friendly way!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BM7N6WaAe1N/

1978 CJ-5
My 2015 JKU build:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-18-2016, 07:47 AM
Comfortably Numb

Garage

Better call in a Sky Crane.
Attached Images

j3ff3ry_j33p likes this.

Quote:

Last edited by RubiCajun; 11-18-2016 at 07:54 AM.
Old 11-18-2016, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW Rusty View Post
Guy on pirate posted this video.... The jeep is F-d! Looks like someone tried to pull the jeep off the bridge and not in a friendly way!

Holy shit, they raped that fucker good.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-18-2016, 08:16 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW Rusty View Post

Steering wheel and Airbag still look intact. Surprised wheels still there.

What a mess.....hard lesson to learn.

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag and begin slitting throats." - H.L. Mencken
Old 11-18-2016, 08:59 AM
Rock God

While the owner is an idiot and it's to feel too much sympathy for him, it still pisses me off seeing the Jeep stripped like that.

Regardless of what the driver did, what gives others the right to steal things and totally destroy that Jeep? I don't see it as some righteous dealing of justice. Mostly it just seems like assholes taking advantage of the situation.
Old 11-18-2016, 09:25 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

I make a big assumption when I presuppose that 8 of 10 new Jeep owners are probably about as intellectually competent as a turnip.
There is a percentage of those that, once they get the new Jeep like all the cool kids are driving , realize that it is nothing like the lexus or fourrunner ride-wise and get rid of it however they can ; I got my JKU because of someone hating how it drove on a 120mile commute ( facepalm: my gain)...it happens.

This pictured route is, no offense - is not 'off-roading' in any sense I understand of the term ; first, it is clearly on a road. 2nd, it is a derelict,dilapidated (seemingly)80 year old ,back-road bridge .
It is / was likely intended for wagons and or tree/logging/farm trucks or tractors to pass across.
Even utterly zonked I would not feel compelled to try and drive ACROSS ( notice I didn't say "over") this.

This all makes for hilarious post-posting lulz , but I would be highly suspicious of this individuals motives ,were I an assessor or criminal investigator 'cause it simply reeks of trying to get some amount of money back through insurance claim by abandoning a vehicle then trying to concoct or providing what someone might think a great way to make it appear as-if it was vandalized while stuck.

(edit: notice how BigTB - no disrespect intended @BigTB - immediately got fired-up by the assholes that took advantage of the guy? That is the magic of victimization-play. Exactly what I presuppose the owner was hoping for.. it helps getting money back if you are victimized ; not so much if you are stupid. )

I call bullshit and if it is truly as described, thankfully the gene-pool-weakener that owned it is not representing Jeep owners any further.

Last edited by j3ff3ry_j33p; 11-18-2016 at 09:31 AM.
Old 11-18-2016, 12:10 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3ff3ry_j33p View Post
fired-up by the assholes that took advantage of the guy? That is the magic of victimization-play. Exactly what I presuppose the owner was hoping for.. it helps getting money back if you are victimized ; not so much if you are stupid. )

I call bullshit and if it is truly as described, thankfully the gene-pool-weakener that owned it is not representing Jeep owners any further.
Honestly, you're right, it does seem like a setup by the owner. Making a big stink, posting it online, then acting outraged when he returned to find it vandalized and calling the police; it all sounds fishy.

However, I do want to point out that I wasn't implying people took advantage of the guy. Like I said, I really find it hard to find sympathy for the owner. He is an idiot. But I personally know people who it seems like they almost look for an excuse to justify thievery and vandalism under the guise of "he had it coming." Like they almost hope for a mob type scenario so they can loot. That's all I was pointing out. I don't put victim status on the guy, I just hate when people steal or vandalize something, insurance has to pay for it, and everything ends up costing more for everyone.

As to the owner, I have a hard time believing he was supposed to be up on that bridge. Vandalism or not, he should have to pay any and all costs involved in removing his Jeep from that site (despite whatever state it is in when it is removed) and should be prosecuted if it was an attempt to defraud insurance (or if there were any other laws broken). But if the vandalism was done by strangers (and not by the owner or people he "encourage" to do so) who thought "F this guy, let's take/break his stuff", then I think they are idiots as well. Because ultimately they really aren't hurting him, they are just making a mess for the police and insurance to sort out.
Old 11-18-2016, 01:37 PM

Wow. Note to self, always lock your doors...
Old 11-18-2016, 01:51 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTB View Post
Honestly, you're right, it does seem like a setup by the owner. Making a big stink, posting it online, then acting outraged when he returned to find it vandalized and calling the police; it all sounds fishy.

However, I do want to point out that I wasn't implying people took advantage of the guy. Like I said, I really find it hard to find sympathy for the owner. He is an idiot. But I personally know people who it seems like they almost look for an excuse to justify thievery and vandalism under the guise of "he had it coming." Like they almost hope for a mob type scenario so they can loot. That's all I was pointing out. I don't put victim status on the guy, I just hate when people steal or vandalize something, insurance has to pay for it, and everything ends up costing more for everyone.

As to the owner, I have a hard time believing he was supposed to be up on that bridge. Vandalism or not, he should have to pay any and all costs involved in removing his Jeep from that site (despite whatever state it is in when it is removed) and should be prosecuted if it was an attempt to defraud insurance (or if there were any other laws broken). But if the vandalism was done by strangers (and not by the owner or people he "encourage" to do so) who thought "F this guy, let's take/break his stuff", then I think they are idiots as well. Because ultimately they really aren't hurting him, they are just making a mess for the police and insurance to sort out.

good points , for certain; I ,too, cannot deny associating - for reasons best left blanketed by over 2 decades of time - with shady characters who were set to rip or rob someone and anyone blind at a moments notice and I'll just say it ; drugs bring that out splendidly in humans . Desperation and politics go hand in hand with the devil so it's just nature of life. You're also correct that if they just did it for evil kicks , that's mess d up (" We Are The Warriors!!" Heh) ; I am betting it was driven by the first people that posted about it. I misundtstood ya ; I understand now that you didn't man to imply they ripped him off but it certainly isn't out of one of the many possibilities...

Personally it's really really hard for me to comprehend taking a socket and ratchet with other tools all the way there then undoing seats and opening someone else's engine bay then the time to take , say , a starter off WHEN IT ISNT YOURS AND YOUD BE HURRYING and turn packing it all out ....it has to be another jeep owner since we'd be the only ones that'd consider it valuable ...even if I were driven by addiction or evil I wouldn't wanna go thru that effort level for jeep or wallet ..

of course there's the elephant in the room ; I can't be the only one imagining a Sasquatch setup with Sirius crankin' beneath a pine tree and nice Rubicon seats in a little circle and the side mirrors on a tree , little Bigfoot Jr. grunting happily in a new tire swing and shit.. . as believable as the reported story!

Last edited by j3ff3ry_j33p; 11-18-2016 at 01:54 PM.
Old 11-18-2016, 02:02 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadetreetim View Post
Wow. Note to self, always lock your doors...
lock the doors that can be removed at the hinge by anyone with a specific sized torx socket ? Drain plug popped out and a couple straightened coat hangers have been reported methods of access ( I am a security software engineer ,not being jerk ) ; better than locking jeep doors is a lockbox ( where r u Al Gore?) or at least glovebox locked or a tuffy box. Also, packing heat is always a good idea as long as you practice responsibly , legal self protection laws and firearm usage. Anyway, not to Debbie downer but don't be fooled by thinking your door locks are safe . Welcome to JKOwners

<edit1: notice I said nada about softop cutting; the post was about a hardtop so I kept that as considered victim ...that goes without saying...

My wife had a '91 when we met in '92 and bless her for having two Replacement Spice soft tops crackheads would cut into to take her jewish american princess radio out.
more than once, lmao.

so ask me how I know softops are bingo easy if they see something they want better to not keep anything you'd miss or regret in it

lockbox!!...>

<<edit2 : looking at picture #1 , how did he proceed even that far ? The trac of the Jeep isn't as wide as the spanse of bridge with the closest pairing of length runner boards ;
IOWs , it should only be possible for that vehicle to be where it appears to be if some of those track straps - that run down to other side left and right that tires would have to run upon -had to have fallen away as it wars driven on , right?..there are some missing that fell down I guess ? >>

Last edited by j3ff3ry_j33p; 11-18-2016 at 03:37 PM.
Old 11-18-2016, 05:38 PM
Comfortably Numb

Garage

Dumbass shouldn't have had that Trump sticker on his bumper.

Quote:
Old 11-18-2016, 07:14 PM
Random Dude

My $.02:

The owner/driver definitely deserves to be sterilized for his dumbassery, but . . .

the tweekers and/or shitbags that stripped the Jeep need their oxygen privileges revoked.

PLEASE BUY AMERICAN SO I DON'T HAVE TO LEARN CHINESE
The 4th little pig made his house of reinforced concrete, with wolfskin rugs in every room

<-- Random crap you might find useful
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in