Thieves (illegal) go free, victim faces jail time - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 Old 07-08-2010, 02:32 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Thieves (illegal) go free, victim faces jail time

What is the U.S. coming to?

http://www.kdvr.com/news/kdvr-theive...,231586.story?

4:49 AM MDT, July 7, 2010
Thieves could go free while victim faces jail time
WHEAT RIDGE, Colo. - Admitted thieves are going free, while an elderly Wheat Ridge man is facing the possibility of spending the rest of his life behind bars, all, he says, for trying to defend his property and his life.

82-year-old Robert Wallace said in February that he looked out his window and saw two men hooking his flatbed trailer up to their pickup. He yelled at them to stop, but they sped away, stealing his trailer. He told police he fired two shots at the pickup.

Minutes later, police say 32-year-old Damacio Torres dropped 28-year-old Alvaro Cardona off at a hospital emergency room with a gunshot wound to the face.

Torres did not stay to talk with police, but they caught up with him later. According to court documents, he admitted he and Cardona stole the trailer.

Wallace did not want to talk on camera, but when we asked him if the two men threatened him he said, "They almost ran me over."

The Jefferson County DA's office said that neither Torres nor Cardona have been charged with anything at this point, even though Torres confessed to the crime. However, the homeowner, Wallace is facing twelve felony counts, including four counts of attempted first degree murder. If convicted, he could spend the rest of his life behind bars.

Sources say Torres and Cardona are believed to be in the country illegally and both have an arrest record. Cardona's record includes public fighting and numerous traffic offenses like driving without a license or insurance. Torres's record includes agricultural trespassing as well as a 2005 arrest for aggravated motor vehicle theft for which he was given a plea bargain to a lesser crime. Sources say Torres is also under investigation for being part of a major auto theft ring.

Wallace is out on bond and due back in court in September to enter his plea.

Neighbors say the thieves should be the ones facing charges and Wallace should be given an award for protecting the neighborhood.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 07-08-2010, 02:51 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

The D.A. is an idiot and needs to be hung. First degree murder? I barely passed business law in college, and even I know that's bullshit.

Vidi, vici, veni
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2008 Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
jk-forum, jk forum, jkforum, jeep jk wrangler

Last edited by Ogie; 07-08-2010 at 03:37 PM.
post #3 of 21 Old 07-08-2010, 02:54 PM
Rock God

But Colorado Welcomes Illegals!!
That is why they are boycotting us in AZ.
Thay can keep 'em.
The NRA will probably step in to back the man in some way.

'09 4dr Rubi Detonator Yellow
35x12.5x17 BFG KM2s they SUCK!
Rugged Ridge XHD bumper Warn 9.5ti
3.5 Mid arm Rock Krawler
Finally 5.13s
post #4 of 21 Old 07-08-2010, 03:07 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

FUCK YOU Colorado, you fucking suck.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Granite,
, ProComp 7069 17x9, Cooper STT Pro 37's, Warn M8000, ACE ProSeries Bumpers, RROR Skids, Poly Tie Rod and Drag Link, Ten Factory Chromoly Rear Axles
post #5 of 21 Old 07-08-2010, 03:23 PM
Cod
Crawler of Malls

Garage
Send a message via MSN to Cod

What's Colorado gone to.....
post #6 of 21 Old 07-08-2010, 03:27 PM
JKO Addict!

Arizona > Colorado
post #7 of 21 Old 07-08-2010, 04:13 PM
Rock God

Garage

Let me guess. My hard earned dollars probably paid the fukin medical bills to fix his face while the state wants to take my other hard earned dollars and make a jail cell for the guy who did the right thing. Lawyers will do anything for a dollar now.

What happened to the good ole days when we had a rope in the center of town? Oh wait that's cruel and unusual punishment.

His punishment should be to pay to remove the metal from his face and that should be the end of it.

2 cents

Green

Poison Spyder BFH w/ TRail Stinger,Teraflex Budget Boost,Poison Spyder Rocker Knockers,Warn M8000,AEM Cold Air Intake,DIY Fender chop
Pro Comp Wheels
Pro Comp Extreme All Terrain tires
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediamaxim View Post
I won't even SQUINT, WHICH IS SAD WHEN I'm F-ING ASIAN!
post #8 of 21 Old 07-08-2010, 04:42 PM
Rock God

I guess the old man should've asked the thugs if there was anything else they wanted

This country has gone to shit
post #9 of 21 Old 07-08-2010, 06:01 PM
Banned

WHISKEY

TANGO

FOXTROT?

Lesson learned. Kill 'em and then you can tell the cops whatever you want. Whether they're illegal or not, the shitbag got what was coming to him. Hope the old man doesn't have to pay for defending his rights.

To the DA pressing charges:

post #10 of 21 Old 07-08-2010, 06:06 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Wow...
post #11 of 21 Old 07-08-2010, 06:08 PM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

Lets rent a JKO bus and send all the illegals to Ca and CO

This is a fucking joke

Jason

Jeep Sales/Jeep JK Conversions/Parts
602-314-5356 or

/
/

Rock Krawler American Expedition Vehicles Poly Performance Spod RCV Performance Dynatrac Poison Spyder Magnuson Superchargers Rock Monster Wheels Surprise Straps
post #12 of 21 Old 07-08-2010, 06:13 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Another case of bullshit. I'm thinking about losing my id documentation so I can get more free shit and a get out of jail free pass.

Makes you wonder if there is any hope left.
post #13 of 21 Old 07-08-2010, 06:14 PM
Rock God

I gotta say there is not enough info in that article to make a call. Was he shooting at them while they were driving away? If so then he endangered anyone in the surrounding neighborhood. Know your target and what is behind it. A trailer or any inanimate object is not worth your life and was he sure they did not have a weapon to shoot back at him? Did he get in front of the truck as they were driving away? Be a good and alive witness. Get the license plate.

JMHO.

Edit - the illegals deport their asses!!! And murder 1st is way too excessive on the DA's part.

I am a girl and I have a Jeep with some stuff on it...

Last edited by redwood66; 07-08-2010 at 06:21 PM.
post #14 of 21 Old 07-08-2010, 06:29 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

This is exactly why we need to practice proper gun control.

If he was aiming down the sights correctly and had plenty of practice rounds under his belt, there would only be one side of this story.

My sig is HUGE in Japan
post #15 of 21 Old 07-08-2010, 10:17 PM
Broker by the Minute

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
I gotta say there is not enough info in that article to make a call. Was he shooting at them while they were driving away? If so then he endangered anyone in the surrounding neighborhood. Know your target and what is behind it. A trailer or any inanimate object is not worth your life and was he sure they did not have a weapon to shoot back at him? Did he get in front of the truck as they were driving away? Be a good and alive witness. Get the license plate.

JMHO.

Edit - the illegals deport their asses!!! And murder 1st is way too excessive on the DA's part.
I am fine with that, really I am. To a point. And the point is, this guy if he had taken plates... would have found the car to be stolen therefore untraceable, would have lost his trailer, filed a claim on his insurance to get the trailer replaced then have his rates go up to where he could have purchased several trailers over time....

The system to rectify this is breaking down or already broken. The thugs and crooks have the upper hand. If they would have been captured they more than likely would have gotten another slap on the wrist as the jails and prisons are over crowded. If the crooks were vengeful, they would come back and harrass or worse this guy who filed charges against him. Maybe they would come back and do worse, or just threaten him and his family. And what's to stop them, another slap on the wrist or 30 days of room and board.

But I agree shooting them was probably not the right thing to do as most shootings almost never result in the targets actually being hit. It is usually passerby or whatever that end up wounded. Although this guy did hit his target.

I agree that what needs to happen is return of what won the west. The rope and public executions. Once people start dying in the open square for crimes, even the petty ones, shit starts to stop fairly quick.

You don't see kids spitting on sidewalks in Asia. Cane-ing for spitting pretty much stopped that bullshit.

You don't have many theives in Saudi, cutting off fingers for theft stopped that shit. There isn't much young women getting raped when perpetrators are put in blocks and stoned until dead from the local villagers.

Giving someone 3 hots and a flop for doing bad things isn't a punishment. If the punishment doesn't fit the crime, then the value of crime vs. punishment isn't there and crime runs rampant.

The bastards should not have been deported. They should have been hung by the neck until dead, in an open and public square and televised on prime time tv. I guarantee you, once this happens and someone puts a sock into the ACLU shit will stop being stolen. Put a few rapists on the rope and rapists will think twice. Hang some murderers and murder will decline. Place some cotton around a few gang bangers an gang members and membership will fall.

Fuck this mamby-bamby time as punishment shit and attempting to "rebuild character" by placing tough guys (and gals) in with tougher guys. All they learn is how to be better at what they do and spend all their waking moments working out to be even stronger than before. You fuck up, you die. No second chances and no f-ing burden on draining society for attempting to house a god damned waste of life at a cost that would be better spent on something like offering free college to those that really want to learn and be a contributing part of society. If someone needs to spend more than a couple years behind bars, f-em.

Sorry Red, this wasn't really aimed at you, you just caught me when I was in a mood. The good guys are fighting a loosing battle. It will only be something as extreme as the rope was in the west that stopped uncontrolled gun play in the streets, bank and train robberies and just about all the other unmentionables of the old west. It was only after the rope that good and decent people could walk the streets again. It will only be after the rope that the rules will once again be set and respected so that we too, can walk the streets and feel safe.
post #16 of 21 Old 07-09-2010, 06:07 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelW View Post
I am fine with that, really I am. To a point. And the point is, this guy if he had taken plates... would have found the car to be stolen therefore untraceable, would have lost his trailer, filed a claim on his insurance to get the trailer replaced then have his rates go up to where he could have purchased several trailers over time....

The system to rectify this is breaking down or already broken. The thugs and crooks have the upper hand. If they would have been captured they more than likely would have gotten another slap on the wrist as the jails and prisons are over crowded. If the crooks were vengeful, they would come back and harrass or worse this guy who filed charges against him. Maybe they would come back and do worse, or just threaten him and his family. And what's to stop them, another slap on the wrist or 30 days of room and board.

But I agree shooting them was probably not the right thing to do as most shootings almost never result in the targets actually being hit. It is usually passerby or whatever that end up wounded. Although this guy did hit his target.

I agree that what needs to happen is return of what won the west. The rope and public executions. Once people start dying in the open square for crimes, even the petty ones, shit starts to stop fairly quick.

You don't see kids spitting on sidewalks in Asia. Cane-ing for spitting pretty much stopped that bullshit.

You don't have many theives in Saudi, cutting off fingers for theft stopped that shit. There isn't much young women getting raped when perpetrators are put in blocks and stoned until dead from the local villagers.

Giving someone 3 hots and a flop for doing bad things isn't a punishment. If the punishment doesn't fit the crime, then the value of crime vs. punishment isn't there and crime runs rampant.

The bastards should not have been deported. They should have been hung by the neck until dead, in an open and public square and televised on prime time tv. I guarantee you, once this happens and someone puts a sock into the ACLU shit will stop being stolen. Put a few rapists on the rope and rapists will think twice. Hang some murderers and murder will decline. Place some cotton around a few gang bangers an gang members and membership will fall.

Fuck this mamby-bamby time as punishment shit and attempting to "rebuild character" by placing tough guys (and gals) in with tougher guys. All they learn is how to be better at what they do and spend all their waking moments working out to be even stronger than before. You fuck up, you die. No second chances and no f-ing burden on draining society for attempting to house a god damned waste of life at a cost that would be better spent on something like offering free college to those that really want to learn and be a contributing part of society. If someone needs to spend more than a couple years behind bars, f-em.

Sorry Red, this wasn't really aimed at you, you just caught me when I was in a mood. The good guys are fighting a loosing battle. It will only be something as extreme as the rope was in the west that stopped uncontrolled gun play in the streets, bank and train robberies and just about all the other unmentionables of the old west. It was only after the rope that good and decent people could walk the streets again. It will only be after the rope that the rules will once again be set and respected so that we too, can walk the streets and feel safe.
No offense ever taken by what you say but I will not say I agree with you. And here is why -

I am very careful about posting my opinions on these kind of subjects on the infernalweb. I carry and feel it is my duty and right to protect me and my family. The day may come when God forbid I need to do that. The last thing anyone would want is some post they made on a forum like "kill 'em all and let God sort 'em out" showing up in court. This is the same reason I do not have a Terrorist/Liberal Hunting Permit sticker or other similar things on my Jeep. How would it look to a jury if I were painted as some gun toting loon who just wants an excuse to draw her pistol? Anyone who thinks that does or will not happen is very naive. Do I want to vent about things that happen? Of course I do but I choose not to put myself or my loved ones in possible jeopardy should that day come. Am I being paranoid? Maybe.

Do we need a change in our prison system? Hell yes we do - it is not working and never will. But I do not want to be like Saudi Arabia or any other such country. Because along with the punishments comes illegal search and seizure, gun control, etc. We have become civilized since the old west and it has gotten to be a Politically Correct nightmare.

But we live in the best country in the world and you will never get me to say any different. Despite all our faults you would not want to live anywhere else and most of you will agree with me. I am just as frustrated as all of you with how things are going and I am doing my part to be prepared for whatever happens.

No offense meant to anyone who does not share my views on what not to put on the internet. This is just my humble opinion and I like to share mine just as much as the next person.

I am a girl and I have a Jeep with some stuff on it...
post #17 of 21 Old 07-09-2010, 06:25 AM
Rock God

Hey ease up on the FUCK COLORADO SHIT!!
Not all of Colorado is a sanctuary. It's the Denver Metro area and areas controlled by Democraps that is sanctuary.
Here in Park County the guys neighbors would have helped kill the illegals and we have lots of old mines and property to hide the bodies.

Also we have laws against hiring illeglas too.
http://www.michie.com/colorado/lpext...main-h.htm&cp= not that Ritter or Hickenlooper bother to enforce them.
Hell Hickenlooper had Raul Garcia-Gomez working at his restaurant when Raul killed Officer Donny Young and Mr. Hernandez was caught and relesed 15 times before he killed a couple ladies and a three year old in Aurora.
Sanctuary sucks on many levels not just public safety. My Dr. worked at a clinic for illegals and she said they got care over people who lost their jobs and didn't have insurance.
The whole thing is fucked. Reinstate Operation Wetback and ship the illeglas deep into Mexico. Arm the border and shoot to kill. Problem solved.
No Jackpot babies either.
</Rant Off>

2009 JK Rubicon Unlimited. Rock Hard skids, Skidrow Control Arm Skids, Shrockworks bumpers. Pro Comp 2" Puck Lift.
post #18 of 21 Old 07-09-2010, 07:41 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Something similar happened down this way a few years ago, but like Kickerman said, the neighbor took care of business. Here is the 911 call, skip to about the 6 minute mark where he gets tired of waiting on the popo:

YouTube - The complete Joe Horn 9-11 call

Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever.

Last edited by terrahawk; 07-09-2010 at 07:50 AM.
post #19 of 21 Old 07-09-2010, 07:51 AM
Rock God

Unreal & complete bull!

'08 Unlimited Sahara - Hemi -
Long Arm CoilOver - RockJock 60 Front - Tera CRD60 Rear - Hutchinsons & 37" Kevlar MT/R's -
Fenders & Rockers -
Bumpers - Ramsey 9500UT - WTOR Hydro Assist - Etc.
post #20 of 21 Old 07-09-2010, 11:45 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrahawk View Post
Something similar happened down this way a few years ago, but like Kickerman said, the neighbor took care of business. Here is the 911 call, skip to about the 6 minute mark where he gets tired of waiting on the popo:

YouTube - The complete Joe Horn 9-11 call
this is fucked up, I wonder what happened to this guy? If I was in his shoes I would probably do the same thing.... BUT I can easily see how the Jury could see this guy being some stupid vigilante and throw the book at him.

www.californiasurveillanceinvestigators.com
post #21 of 21 Old 07-09-2010, 12:02 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlegRock View Post
this is fucked up, I wonder what happened to this guy? If I was in his shoes I would probably do the same thing.... BUT I can easily see how the Jury could see this guy being some stupid vigilante and throw the book at him.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Hor...ng_controversy

Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode