man this place is dead - Page 3 - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 241 Old 04-19-2016, 08:43 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
Has actually been dropping off for much longer than a few months, but definitely lost another little chunk after the upgrade.

Meh... people move on, sell vehicles, develop other interests, choose other avenues of social media, etc, etc. Back in the day, the rotm and red-star giveaway's at least generated some interest and there were plenty of other reasons to stick around. But this is a vehicle that's been around for damn near a decade and that fact in and of itself, has led to some significant drop in activity imo. It is what it is.
I hear ya. but a lot of you guys are like family lol. and a lot of you have been around for our trials and issues with our girls...

I hate watching it die.

31 jeeps in... still have issues
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 241 Old 04-19-2016, 09:32 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Dirty View Post
I blame FB. There is a ton of people that lack the attention span to read a forum post. They want an "Instant" response. As a forum owner myself its difficult to compete with FB. Sadly I see so much bad information posted on these FB groups its pretty sad. Luckily forums are great for research because of the ease of finding historical information. FB is a pit of quick sand and its damn near impossible to find good technical information after a few days.
I've never understood the whole FB thing. Always thought it was dumb. Every time I see someone staring at their phone with no clue of what's going on around them, I just assume it's FB demanding their total attention.

Kevin
post #53 of 241 Old 04-19-2016, 09:35 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt1guy View Post
I've never understood the whole FB thing. Always thought it was dumb. Every time I see someone staring at their phone with no clue of what's going on around them, I just assume it's FB demanding their total attention.
I enjoy FB and keep in touch with some great people that way. On the flip side its no replacement for forums.

www.jeepasylum.com
post #54 of 241 Old 04-19-2016, 09:37 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k2wranglerx View Post
I hear ya. but a lot of you guys are like family lol. and a lot of you have been around for our trials and issues with our girls...

I hate watching it die.

I'm the same way. I really enjoy the atmosphere of a forum ( as well as the participants generally speaking). I never got into the whole FB hype and I'm actually glad. All I hear is people defending it while at the same time chastising it... all while remaining ever so addicted to what someone just posted about themselves, or the latest trend, or their kid's teacher... It's fucking pathetically sickening tbh. And then come the excuses as to why they "need" to have it lmfao. Works for some and I can absolutely understand the positive side of FB and other SM outlets, but man... So much dishonesty, validation, pointlessness, and concern over what someone just said about you... Naw.

I'm genuinely glad that we still have a small core populous here. Hell, even Chris must've smelled something burning on the stove here in our kitchen this morning. I know a lot of that is just wanting to flirt with Marcus... As most of us like to do. But yea... so many regs and as well as generalized members just aren't here anymore. It's not just coincidence. The legitimate reasons are there.

Went thru some sincerely difficult things while this community was still strong and intact. Sometimes feel like JKO made some horrible real-life situations a little more bearable with the support that I garnered here. For those that are still here reading these kinds of threads... "Thank You!"
j3ff3ry_j33p likes this.

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
post #55 of 241 Old 04-19-2016, 09:40 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
I'm the same way. I really enjoy the atmosphere of a forum ( as well as the participants generally speaking). I never got into the whole FB hype and I'm actually glad. All I hear is people defending it while at the same time chastising it... all while remaining ever so addicted to what someone just posted about themselves, or the latest trend, or their kid's teacher... It's fucking pathetically sickening tbh. And then come the excuses as to why they "need" to have it lmfao.

I'm genuinely glad that we still have a small core populous still here. Hell, even Chris must've smelled something burning on the stove here in our kitchen this morning. I know a lot of that is just wanting to flirt with Marcus... As most of us like to do. But yea... so many regs and as well as generalized members just aren't here anymore. It's not just coincidence. The legitimate reasons are there.

Went thru some sincerely difficult things while this community was still strong and intact. Sometimes feel like JKO made some horrible real-life situations a little more bearable with the support that I garnered here. For those that are still here reading these kinds of threads... "Thank You!"

This is exactly why we started Jeep Asylum. It will always be owned and and managed buy Jeepers. We will shut it down before we sell it off. Its not about the $$ its about the people.

www.jeepasylum.com
post #56 of 241 Old 04-19-2016, 09:50 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt1guy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Dirty View Post
I enjoy FB and keep in touch with some great people that way. On the flip side its no replacement for forums.
I realize it has its merits. But I hate it for how much it has taken over some people's lives, and replaced normal interaction.

I have friends who will interrupt a human-human conversation mid sentence (clearly they weren't paying attention) to repeat some totally pointless crap that someone just posted on facebook, or to post something they or I just said to their facebook. Or they will suddenly grind real-world activity to a halt because they have to "share" a pic of what's going on with facebook. How about just sharing the damn moment with the people you are actually experiencing it with right now! I suppose I understand it once and a while, but with some people it's constant.

It's similar to experiencing an entire vacation through the lens of a camera without stepping back to experience it for real some of the time. Except with facebook, it's their whole lives. Some people's entire life seems to revolve around what would be cool to share on facebook, rather than just living it. It's as sad as it is infuriating at times.

Last edited by BigTB; 04-19-2016 at 09:53 AM.
post #57 of 241 Old 04-19-2016, 09:50 AM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

I'm like a bad rash. You can spread a quality German ointment on me and I'll just keep coming back... I feel the same way, even though i've never had the pleasure of meeting some of you in person, I still consider this group to be family. We have had some truly amazing and funny threads that have cemented some solid bonds between us Brothers. I won't be going anywhere and I know I'll be back in some form of wheelin' rig at some point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead0 View Post
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
Reformed Jeep addict... Jeepless for now.
post #58 of 241 Old 04-19-2016, 09:52 AM
Jeepineer

Garage

Free post to keep activity flowing(ish).

I know I'm not a regular poster, but usually a lunch time lurker. Even that has been hard lately. Ebb-and-flow I guess.

I don't give a shit at the end of the day who owns the form, as long as there are members that provide some chit-chat entertainment and know a thing or two in tech, I'll keep coming. Even if just to lurk and provided some help when I can.

There's a reason I've stuck with this forum over the last few years over others, and it's not the user format, vendor promo's, or form ownership.

...it was definitely the GAR pics, at least a little bit.

-Mike
2007 2dr X, 6sp, 35's on D44's, 2" lift, cage, hydro, etc.
post #59 of 241 Old 04-19-2016, 10:10 AM
Cod
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via MSN to Cod

I don't do Facebook either, I've got a shit account in some random bullshit name to fuck with ppl on MSN comments....but don't plan on getting a legit one to reconnect with fucktards from the past just to prove they are fucktards of the present and future.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsack View Post
We liked you better when we didn't know you. If you just fucked off we could go back to not giving a shit about you.
post #60 of 241 Old 04-19-2016, 10:44 AM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
post #61 of 241 Old 04-19-2016, 11:02 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKCTAZ View Post
We have had some truly amazing and funny threads that have cemented some solid bonds between us...
No... nuh-uh. Although I do hope that whenever you see a bowl configured into a squirrel... that you will always think of me... or at least my nuts. Please don't forget the nuts.

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
post #62 of 241 Old 04-19-2016, 11:10 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTB View Post
I realize it has its merits. But I hate it for how much it has taken over some people's lives, and replaced normal interaction.

I have friends who will interrupt a human-human conversation mid sentence (clearly they weren't paying attention) to repeat some totally pointless crap that someone just posted on facebook, or to post something they or I just said to their facebook. Or they will suddenly grind real-world activity to a halt because they have to "share" a pic of what's going on with facebook. How about just sharing the damn moment with the people you are actually experiencing it with right now! I suppose I understand it once and a while, but with some people it's constant.

It's similar to experiencing an entire vacation through the lens of a camera without stepping back to experience it for real some of the time. Except with facebook, it's their whole lives. Some people's entire life seems to revolve around what would be cool to share on facebook, rather than just living it. It's as sad as it is infuriating at times.
Most infuriating to me is what I see each and every hour of the day... Child begging for attention, desperate for interaction, in dire need of parenting, developing social skills, saying something concerning or perplexing, acting dangerously or disrespectfully to someone, crying, screaming, etc, etc, etc...

And where the fuck is Mom?

Oh... She's standing right there... ignoring the kid, and feverishly texting or casually scrolling thru face-book... only randomly looking up to curtly "remind" the kid "Don't do that! Come over here! Hold on..."

What in the ever-loving piece of fuck kind of role model or parent are you???

Fuck you.

post #63 of 241 Old 04-19-2016, 11:36 AM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Quote:
No... nuh-uh. Although I do hope that whenever you see a bowl configured into a squirrel... that you will always think of me... or at least my nuts. Please don't forget the nuts.
I won't forget them, when I punt them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead0 View Post
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
Reformed Jeep addict... Jeepless for now.
post #64 of 241 Old 04-19-2016, 12:04 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Just punt them tenderly... It's okay. Just don't ever let them go.

Jesus, I hate those overly bloated pale piss-water looking queer-ass smileys. If I'm gonna kiss a man, I want it to be hard and rough... not gay!

post #65 of 241 Old 04-19-2016, 12:05 PM
A JKO DICK

Garage

Quote:
Nut punts FTW!

And once again from the original OP to Stubs nuts.

There's usually a Gar pic along the way though. Oh well I guess things really have changed...sigh........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Sams Misguided Child View Post
What is wrong with stupid people? Never mind
Quote:
If I'm gonna kiss a man, I want it to be hard and rough... not gay!

Last edited by ASSFROW; 04-19-2016 at 12:10 PM.
post #66 of 241 Old 04-19-2016, 12:08 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

post #67 of 241 Old 04-19-2016, 12:08 PM
Wheeler

Damn... I've only been on for 2 weeks. This sucks!

Mom say's that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.
post #68 of 241 Old 04-19-2016, 12:11 PM
A JKO DICK

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy62 View Post
No you live in Hagerstown... That sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Sams Misguided Child View Post
What is wrong with stupid people? Never mind
Quote:
If I'm gonna kiss a man, I want it to be hard and rough... not gay!
post #69 of 241 Old 04-19-2016, 12:17 PM
Cod
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via MSN to Cod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy62 View Post
We're not leaving, just discussing what / how it use to be here... was much more active.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsack View Post
We liked you better when we didn't know you. If you just fucked off we could go back to not giving a shit about you.
post #70 of 241 Old 04-19-2016, 12:19 PM
Granite Guru

I have facebook and twitter. I have seriously thought of getting rid of FB many times. Being a Select Softball coach for High School aged athletes I have no choice BUT to have Twitter and FB. It's sad that College coaches won't respond to phone calls or text, but will hit you up within minutes of a direct message or tweet. I guess it's the downfall of society as we know it. Having a 16 yr old girl has taught me a lot these past few years, none more so that how social media can completely mesmerise a school aged kid, not to mention adult.

As for the JKO trip.... I would love to see those of us here in Tejas head out to Wolf's Cave's. Haven't been there yet, but from the looks of it that place scares me. With that being said, scared is a good thing

Quote:
Subsection 2. - Are you a fucking retard? Get the fuck off JKO and tell her you want to hold her like a bowling ball while she gobbles your Wife's kitty like a hungry Asian. Jesus, since when did Men need advice for shit like this?
post #71 of 241 Old 04-19-2016, 12:23 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cod View Post
We're not leaving, just discussing what / how it use to be here... was much more active.
Absolutely. It's still a cool place with very little censorship or walking on eggshells. The advice, tech, and assistance that you'll receive here will be top-shelf, just that back in it's heyday, this place was a rockin' fun-zone of new things, of diversity and bizarre stuff.

I blame the internet. Nothing's funny or disgusting anymore!!

post #72 of 241 Old 04-19-2016, 12:32 PM
Granite Guru

This isn't so bad though....
This Jeep looks so good and firm!!! from Magic Touch Miami - Download Facebook Videos

Quote:
Subsection 2. - Are you a fucking retard? Get the fuck off JKO and tell her you want to hold her like a bowling ball while she gobbles your Wife's kitty like a hungry Asian. Jesus, since when did Men need advice for shit like this?
post #73 of 241 Old 04-19-2016, 12:35 PM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartj17 View Post
She could come in handy on the trail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
post #74 of 241 Old 04-19-2016, 12:38 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneJK View Post
Ive been dealing with cyn1 misfire when A/C is on. I have a Damaged wire

Hello screaming demon coil pack and livewire and NGK iridium plugs
I can help you save money to better be used towards other parts or whatnot by letting you know the differences are nominal versus the cost of the wires, coilpack & particularly those plugs; the JKs work better with .50 gapped, plain old OEM ( Champion) plugs and wires. I will let you know I am on the 3.8l but I think with regards to running a "hotter' higher gapped plug, these wranglers just do not benefit much from them. Ask me how I know . But do what you wish.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #75 of 241 Old 04-19-2016, 12:42 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartj17 View Post

As for the JKO trip.... I would love to see those of us here in Tejas head out to Wolf's Cave's. Haven't been there yet, but from the looks of it that place scares me. With that being said, scared is a good thing
This is the only thing that scares me from Wolf Caves: 90 year old women with little dogs in their laps, navigating obstacles like this. Holy....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode