Nov 11th Hut lake run - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 11-10-2011, 08:12 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!
 
spillidge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Vancouver BC
Age: 38
Posts: 2,832
Feedback: 0 reviews
Nov 11th Hut lake run

8:30 tomorrow morning. Petro Can north of Squamish.

Running Upper Hut lake trail. Everyone welcome!
spillidge is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 16 Old 11-10-2011, 09:39 PM
Granite Guru
 
Rubichronic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Whistler, BC Canada
Age: 47
Posts: 443
Feedback: 0 reviews

Sure wish I had tomorrow off. I think I missed a spot on my skid plates when we went there on Sunday!

Last edited by Rubichronic; 11-14-2011 at 07:33 PM.
Rubichronic is offline  
post #3 of 16 Old 11-12-2011, 10:58 PM
Wheeler
 
raidue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Kelowna, BC
Posts: 14
Feedback: 0 reviews

Nice. I've got to make it down to hit that run.
raidue is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 16 Old 11-13-2011, 07:41 AM
Granite Guru
 
RevyJKU08's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: BC, Canada
Posts: 234
Feedback: 0 reviews

Any pics from this run?
RevyJKU08 is offline  
post #5 of 16 Old 11-13-2011, 09:35 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!
 
spillidge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Vancouver BC
Age: 38
Posts: 2,832
Feedback: 0 reviews

Only myself and a EB did the trail. It was really wet and slick but a great time!

I will try to get some pics and videos up a bit later today. A little bit of body damage on the Bronco and I almost lost a rear flare.

By far my favorite local trail here in the LM!!
spillidge is offline  
post #6 of 16 Old 11-13-2011, 11:21 AM
Rock God
 
evdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: british columbia, canada
Age: 42
Posts: 596
Feedback: 0 reviews

Can't wait to see some video and pics. That trail is a good one is definetly in the top 5 trails

VE7 ESH
evdog is offline  
post #7 of 16 Old 11-13-2011, 11:29 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!
 
spillidge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Vancouver BC
Age: 38
Posts: 2,832
Feedback: 0 reviews

Dropping into the trail. He took the far left line, pretty cool in a short wheelbase rig!!!



At the lake playing on the rocks



The first obstacle on Upper hut



Water was really coming down the trail.



The last big climb, I had to winch the bronco up this one after he took a hit on the front fender. Here he is coming down.



And the damage.



I don't have any picture of my rig. I will try to get a few from my buddy.
spillidge is offline  
post #8 of 16 Old 11-13-2011, 03:07 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!
 
spillidge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Vancouver BC
Age: 38
Posts: 2,832
Feedback: 0 reviews

And a short video of the v notch line.

First notch Upper hut - YouTube
spillidge is offline  
post #9 of 16 Old 11-13-2011, 03:46 PM
Granite Guru
 
RevyJKU08's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: BC, Canada
Posts: 234
Feedback: 0 reviews

Looked like an awesome time! What do you recommend you need for mods to try V-rock???
RevyJKU08 is offline  
post #10 of 16 Old 11-13-2011, 03:52 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!
 
spillidge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Vancouver BC
Age: 38
Posts: 2,832
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevyJKU08 View Post
Looked like an awesome time! What do you recommend you need for mods to try V-rock???
V rock is a different trail, but we have gotten stockers up it. The trail with "V-rock" is a short one to Sunrise lake on west Harrison. I would say it is stock friendly with spotting.

Hut lake trail is just North of Squamish, the are is an optional notch as well as a few waterfalls to climb. The lower part of the trail is stock friendly but the upper section has a few difficult parts. Being open/open will pose a few problems. Throttle might get you though but as you can see, damage is a possibility! lol

Last edited by spillidge; 11-13-2011 at 04:03 PM.
spillidge is offline  
post #11 of 16 Old 11-13-2011, 04:03 PM
Rock God
 
evdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: british columbia, canada
Age: 42
Posts: 596
Feedback: 0 reviews

U could take a stock rubi up to hut lake and sunrise with some dragging of the belly on upper hut. But a stock jeep can make it up sunrise. If u want to do it with minimal belly rub a 2.5 lift and 35's.

VE7 ESH
evdog is offline  
post #12 of 16 Old 11-13-2011, 04:10 PM
Wheeler
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: burnaby
Age: 39
Posts: 58
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevyJKU08 View Post
Looked like an awesome time! What do you recommend you need for mods to try V-rock???
I did upper hut when i was still running 3.21.with no damage(couple scratches under the sahara step doesnt mean anything),so im pretty sure you will make it with no problem.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
shayu is offline  
post #13 of 16 Old 11-14-2011, 08:50 AM
Granite Guru
 
RevyJKU08's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: BC, Canada
Posts: 234
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by spillidge View Post
V rock is a different trail, but we have gotten stockers up it. The trail with "V-rock" is a short one to Sunrise lake on west Harrison. I would say it is stock friendly with spotting.

Hut lake trail is just North of Squamish, the are is an optional notch as well as a few waterfalls to climb. The lower part of the trail is stock friendly but the upper section has a few difficult parts. Being open/open will pose a few problems. Throttle might get you though but as you can see, damage is a possibility! lol
This is why I need to get down to the LM to do some wheeling to check out these trails with a few guides! Next summer I am going to try and make it happen on a long weekend to explore a few trails!


Quote:
Originally Posted by evdog View Post
U could take a stock rubi up to hut lake and sunrise with some dragging of the belly on upper hut. But a stock jeep can make it up sunrise. If u want to do it with minimal belly rub a 2.5 lift and 35's.
Good to know...more worried about needing a rear locker or rock sliders on a few of these LM trails. Since I only have LSD and those wonderful Sahara Sidesteps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shayu View Post
I did upper hut when i was still running 3.21.with no damage(couple scratches under the sahara step doesnt mean anything),so im pretty sure you will make it with no problem.
Didn't you snap your Sahara steps on V-rock a few years ago?
RevyJKU08 is offline  
post #14 of 16 Old 11-14-2011, 08:53 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!
 
spillidge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Vancouver BC
Age: 38
Posts: 2,832
Feedback: 0 reviews

There is a good chance you will loose the Sahara steps on Hut. I'm running a small lift and 35's and I drag the crossmeber all over that trail.
spillidge is offline  
post #15 of 16 Old 11-14-2011, 09:39 AM
Granite Guru
 
Starcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: White Rock, BC
Age: 46
Posts: 282
Feedback: 0 reviews

I destroyed my sidesteps on the Sunrise V-rock, you'll want to remove them or replace them before you try that one. I still have a good driver side step if you ever break that one though, free to a good home
Starcat is offline  
post #16 of 16 Old 11-14-2011, 09:44 AM
Granite Guru
 
RevyJKU08's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: BC, Canada
Posts: 234
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by spillidge View Post
There is a good chance you will loose the Sahara steps on Hut. I'm running a small lift and 35's and I drag the crossmeber all over that trail.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starcat View Post
I destroyed my sidesteps on the Sunrise V-rock, you'll want to remove them or replace them before you try that one. I still have a good driver side step if you ever break that one though, free to a good home
haha! Maybe, I just have to hit this trail with the sidesteps on.... if I crack a step....the wife can give me the green light on a set of rock sliders...
RevyJKU08 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome