Looking for some help from an Edmonton member - will pay - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 05-09-2011, 12:31 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Looking for some help from an Edmonton member - will pay

Hi guys. I'm looking for some help from someone in Edmonton. I traveled there in Dec 09, and due to issues with my XJ, ended up buying a JKU. However it wasn't a planned purchase.

I picked up my 07 JKU from Landmark Mazda (formerly Stedelbauer) in Dec 09. It came with a hardtop and softtop. The sales guy said the soft top was all there, but had just been tossed into one of their storage sheds. When I questioned him about making it fit with the stuff I'd brought down for the road trip, the sales guy indicated he got free shipping with Air Canada (retired), and would mail it to me. I was in a real hurry as I was only there for a couple days, and said sure. I spent a lot of last summer out of town, so looking into where this was wasn't really a concern.

Anyway I spoke to the dealer a few months ago and they said to call back in May as the building it might have been in was blocked with snow. I spoke to the guy today, and they have it. However as the sales agreement doesn't say anything about them shipping it to me, I can get it COD (which I do not think would be cheap up here in the Yukon). My other concern is that I just want the surrounds, and would hate to pay them to ship everything, only to find that it's missing the parts I want...

I could really care less about the soft top (as I don't ever see myself using it). However I want the door surrounds so I can get a bikini top and have it mostly be water proof. A new mopar kit for the surrounds is $260.

I'm curious if I could convince someone local who knows what they look like swing by there and either point out to these guys what is needed for the surrounds and whatever is needed to attach them. Or just pick it all up and mail me the surrounds. The rest of the top they're welcome to keep. It's suppose to be in decent shape (however I've never seen it other than as a pile of stuff on the floor).

I'm more than willing to pay for the shipping of the surrounds, and would gladly kick in something for someone's time. If Edmonton wasn't 1800 kms away, I'd do it myself... but it is, and it isn't worth the time or gas money just for the surrounds.

If someone is interested, please PM me. Thanks.
JR

2012 Silver JKU Rubicon
5 speed auto, 4.10s

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For all your protection needs:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

M101 trailer, RTT, Awning, etc
5 wide Little Guy Rough Rider Teardrop
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 05-09-2011, 07:02 PM
Rock God

Bump for some help for a northern brotha!

Proud manufacturers of TRAILMOUNTZ Top QUALITY aluminum mounts for LED lighting.
post #3 of 12 Old 05-10-2011, 07:30 PM
Wheeler

What do you mean by surrounds? Like the windows?

If I get some time off I can go by and see what they have and send you photos. I'm about a five mintues away.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 05-10-2011, 08:06 PM
Wheeler

i could help with this also.

Sending you a pm
post #5 of 12 Old 05-10-2011, 09:28 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Thanks for the offer DC. Will let you know how it works out.

2012 Silver JKU Rubicon
5 speed auto, 4.10s

post #6 of 12 Old 05-12-2011, 08:12 AM
Wheeler

help

Hey I am very close to Edmonton , did this get handled yet .
I also have a set of surrounds on the shelf to go to a good home .
Let me know if i can help out
I am off for a few days here so no problem .
post #7 of 12 Old 05-12-2011, 04:05 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Marmot MB said he'll lend a hand. But thanks guys!

2012 Silver JKU Rubicon
5 speed auto, 4.10s

post #8 of 12 Old 05-12-2011, 04:19 PM
Wheeler

I have the soft top, windows, rear bar, and door surrounds. Dropped you a email also.

let me know what you would like, and where to ship etc....

PS a 4 door soft top does fit in the back of a two door. Good thing I had the roof off and back seats out.. LOL who says a jeep is not a pick up truck ?

Mark
post #9 of 12 Old 05-15-2011, 06:33 PM
Wheeler

Let me know what you don't want. I could use some new windows.
post #10 of 12 Old 05-16-2011, 12:37 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCjeep View Post
Let me know what you don't want. I could use some new windows.
Mark has offered to store the rest of the top until Sept when I'm in Calgary for a bachelor party. I'll just drive instead of fly and pick up the top then. I'm too cheap to pay the shipping, but this works.

Originally I would have said sure... Sorry.

2012 Silver JKU Rubicon
5 speed auto, 4.10s

post #11 of 12 Old 05-18-2011, 06:35 AM
Wheeler

I have to apalogize, the 4 surrounds are still with me. Work has been completely nuts, to worsen things Monday and Tuesday I forgot them in the garage and had no time to run back to grab them.

They are in the jeep now, will be mailed today. Sorry for the delay.

As I mentioned before they do not have the bolts that attach them to your roll bars. these are a peice you will have to get from the dealer, shouldn't be hard to obtain. Not sure if any old bolt would work or not, I have never tried.

they have a black plastic large knob to make installing by hand easier and are very handy and I would think worth buying.

again sorry for the delay, will go out today for sure.

Mark
post #12 of 12 Old 05-18-2011, 08:36 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Hey, no worries at all.

2012 Silver JKU Rubicon
5 speed auto, 4.10s

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode