Moving Alberta to BC..... VI ?'s - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 12-08-2010, 05:21 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Moving Alberta to BC..... VI ?'s

As luck would have it i am moving from Calgary to the BC Interior..... of course the JK is modded, but have not had any issues here in AB, though I am sure mudflaps would be an eventual concern.....

I will have some time to figure it out, but what are you BC guys seeing as far as no-no's on modded vehicles.....

I am assuming that I will need to (re) attach some side markers to the front PSC flares, and the rear corner angles mean I should be able to have my rear LED's double as rear sidemarkers....

I have heard variour rumours about front bumper widths, I have a PSC rockbrawler which is wider than the frame horns, but not full width.....

By the time my move takes place I will be tagged and insure in AB until Jan 2012, but would like to get a head start on what I will need to not be hassled....

Here is a pretty recent pic.......

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 12-08-2010, 11:19 AM
Granite Guru

Lucky [email protected]#%&@d!

I may be wrong, but if the vehicle is less than 5 (maybe 7) years old it does not need an vehicle inspection.

Mike B

08' Jeep Wrangler
08' Dodge Avenger SXT (winter beater)
64' Plymouth Sport Fury(sold)
58' Triumph TR-3A(in 1,000,000 pieces)
post #3 of 13 Old 12-08-2010, 05:57 PM
Rock God

Garage
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 12-08-2010, 08:41 PM
Rock God

Anything coming to BC will need an inspection. You'll need to run a front licence plate (althougth I havn't been wheeled over for it) and you can't drive around legally without doors (although I havn't been wheeled over for that either). Some stuff will depend on where you're moving how you drive and yours and the officers attitude. I've had no problems in Northern BC.
I have a front licence plate holder from Roc Dog that fits into the fairlead, Hawse or roller. Got it online.
Good luck with your move.
post #5 of 13 Old 12-09-2010, 07:47 AM
Rock God

i have a stubby bumper and havent had any issues u can run no doors as long as u have side mirrors ( i have never been pulled over for this ) front plate u should run (but i lost mine ) other than that u should be fine drivin your rig around and i dont have mud flaps but i know its a matter of time before i get yanked over for it but untill then happy trails

VE7 ESH
post #6 of 13 Old 12-09-2010, 08:59 AM
JKO Addict!

For sure you are going to need the front marker lights.

I think the mudflaps might be an issue as well.

When you get the inspection, just find a jeep friendly shop to do it for you. I am sure there are a few here that can help you out.
post #7 of 13 Old 12-14-2010, 04:25 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by spillidge View Post
For sure you are going to need the front marker lights.

I think the mudflaps might be an issue as well.

When you get the inspection, just find a jeep friendly shop to do it for you. I am sure there are a few here that can help you out.
I think you are right.... did some checking and it appears there is a nearby shop that is off-road friendly.....

I have been meaning to do a detachable mudflap anyways, so this will just get my ass in gear to get that done, and the markers, it should be easy enough to install the stock ones from the flares in the inner fenders....
post #8 of 13 Old 10-25-2013, 05:47 AM
Rock God

Old thread I know, I am moving from manitoba to interior bc now as well.

Been to the jeepbc and off-road bc sites. I can't wait to get there!

As for inspection I am concerned about tire coverage with the bushwacker flat flares I have. Should I do anything about that? Otherwise I think I am alright.

JKUR auto | 5:38 | tires 36"x17 wheels 9"x4.5"bs | TF 6"| ASFIR bumpers, skids | SuperWinch EPi9.5 | RCV shafts | SC traildash | Xenon fenders | OBA York

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 13 Old 10-25-2013, 06:21 PM
Rock God

As long as the flares cover the tire's u are fine. I believe u are allowed 1 inch of tread allowed to be past the fender but they should be covered

VE7 ESH
post #10 of 13 Old 11-28-2013, 02:53 PM
Rock God

Well I am getting xenon wide flat flares. Will give additional coverage to help with inspection. I have heard that interior bc the doors have to be on and factory. So I will be searching for factory half doors at some point. I like that look any way.

I am also confused about tire needs. Some say as long as tires are m+s then your good and don't need tire chains. Others say you must have tire chains unless there is the snowflake on your sidewall indicating its a snow performance tire. What is the truth?

JKUR auto | 5:38 | tires 36"x17 wheels 9"x4.5"bs | TF 6"| ASFIR bumpers, skids | SuperWinch EPi9.5 | RCV shafts | SC traildash | Xenon fenders | OBA York

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #11 of 13 Old 11-28-2013, 04:25 PM
Rock God

Garage

The majority of BC highways have marked sections which will seasonally require us to either:
Run winter tires designed and marketed as winter use. Technically no snowflake/severe duty marking required if the manufacturer has literature saying the tires are winter tires.
Or, carry chains which fit your tires, run them if the signs or flashing lights are illuminated to say they are required at that time.
Sadly, we have ICBC as the provincial insurer. They have been known to deny claims if the claimant was not running the winter snowflake symbol.
You will get the best answer from calling ICBC and discussing with your details.
post #12 of 13 Old 11-30-2013, 07:55 AM
Rock God

Thanks for that!

post #13 of 13 Old 12-04-2013, 01:39 PM
CUNT

Location: The Land of the Polite, Where shits covered in Ice.

your gonna need a full width front bumper to pass the VI as well
just put a stock on for the vi then take it off when u get home

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMadole View Post
As previously mentioned, the key step in this process is saturating those whores in piss.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maunder View Post
I just gotta say.. When you're being butt hurt by your fudge packer minions.. how do you decide which one gets to pull the pony tail n who's left to cup the balls.. If there is any..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode