JKOwners Forum banner

AEV Snorkel in Vancouver?

2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  DTJK 
#1 ·
Does anyone in the Vancouver area have an AEV snorkel on their JKU? I'm thinking of pulling the trigger and would love to see one in person first.

I know there's at least one in the city cause my buddy's seen you before, I think you have a silver Ruby.

Thanks.

#2 ·
It's a great snorkel...put it on my last Jeep and going to put one on this Jeep once I moved back to mainland US. I would recommend going with the pre-filter (but make sure you get the clamp really tight as some have had the pre-filter blow off the top at high speeds. I never had that issue but occasionally would have to re-tighten it. The other option is to use a long bolt through the snorkel and pre-filter mounting points to prevent any potential slipping or knocking when going through off-road areas.

Look at JKO member BLUERUBI for pictures.....I would paint the pre-filter though. Got a lot of jokes about it looking like a popcorn machine! :thefinger:

#4 ·
Yeah I hear ya....easier to make the decision after seeing it first. I would offer advice to either get their Heat Reduction Hood (already made for the Snorkel and is awesome) or have a skill saw with carbide blade to cut the hood. I used a cutting wheel and it sucked but worked.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.