JKOwners Forum banner

Condensation problem with Visionx lights

4K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  Motorsports2 
#1 · (Edited)
:pissed: I am really P-O'd about what is happening to the pricey 6" Vision X LED bars I bought a few months ago. Water is somehow getting in, condensing, and blocking the light output. Below are some pics of the Xmitters. Anybody else experience this? and What did you do about it?

#2 · (Edited)
I had the exact same light do the exact same thing. I took it back to the local dealer I bought it from, they sent it in to fix... I had it back a week and it did it again.... I ended up getting my money back and replaced them with some s4100's. Much better.

Better yet... Call Manny @ Xtorm. I recently picked up some D2's and I think they are almost as bright as my 4100's.

#3 ·
Thanks for the input. I got no response from the vendor who ill give a week more, then out them here. I spoke with VisonX and they said they would fix them. Apparently they have changed the gasket design. Given your experience, I'm a little doubtful. This could really ruin their reputation if it is a common problem.

#4 ·
Still no response from my vendor, VisionX Wholesale (AccessoryPartners) despite numerous emails. For those of you thinking of VisionX lights, buy them from Darick at visionxstore.com (motorsportsquared.com). He is dedicated to the brand and offered to help me get them fixed or exchanged even though he did not sell them to me. How great is that!

#7 ·
#8 ·
I sent them in for repair, but after hearing your story, asked for a replacement with another model ( me paying the difference). Don't know why, but they said they would have to look at them first. Right now, I'm not a happy customer. We'll see if that changes. I had to cut the lights out as I had done a clean install, sodering each unit into the wiring and covering with grease, shrink-wrap, then wire loom. Now it all has to be redone.

#9 ·
Good luck with everything Vince... hope it works out.

#10 · (Edited)
Well, I worked it out directly with VisionX. They are a good group, everyone I spoke to there wanted to help and eventually I traded up (with a little added $) to their Xmitter Prime lights, since these are more rugged. I had them overnight them so I could install them before I set off to Moab tomorrow. I got them installed last night and all I can say is wow...they are way better built and produce better light. Still never heard from the people I bought the defective ones from...Rick Freeman at Accessory Partners/VisionX Wholesale, even though they are a factory authorized dealer and recommended on VisionX's website and I tried to contact them several times.

#13 ·
Nice Vince... Glad it all worked out. Those prime ones are nice and bright.:shocked:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.