JKOwners Forum banner

Kill switch placement and othe anti theft devices

10K views 13 replies 13 participants last post by  dmork87 
#1 ·
Recommend any good spots to put a kill switch... What are you guys using as far as anti theft devices go?

#5 ·
I use to run two buttons in my truck. First button was like a valet red button that i put in the overhead console, that had to be held down and then I had a push button in the center console.

So turn the key to on, push the red button, push the start button.

Ive toyed with doign that on the Jeep, but Im more of the thought now that let them take it Ill let insurance sort it out.

#6 ·
I have a kill key in my JKU, but only because it was already installed by the dealer when I bought it. Already had the engine not start once because of it, too. Had to unplug it completely and then plug it back in. Not sure what happened, but I'm not a fan.

#8 ·
I have an Active RFID system.
It's hidden. You carry the "chip" on your key ring.
When you turn the Jeep key to ACC the unit checks if the chip is within range (configurable 5 to 400 feet), and if yes, a relay closes and the Jeep can start.
If the chip is NOT within range the relay does not close and some vital circuit is cut, preventing the Jeep from starting.
It's invisible.
You dont have to play with it everytime you get in or out of the Jeep (contrary to Ravelco which you must never forget or then there is no use having it).
Ravelco is 1980's technology. Mine is 2010.
Works perfect.
It's like a hidden switch but there is no switch... ;)

#9 ·
Some years ago there was a product designed for delivery vans that tapped into the hydraulic brake system, whereby you could leave the vehicle running with doors/windows open. As soon as the brakes were applied they would lock.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.