JKOwners Forum banner

Last outing before Christmas

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Riverkid 
#1 ·
Well I got out yesterday for the last outing before Christmas. Loaded the quad on the trailer and off we went into what turned out to be a very nasty snow storm. No biggy, the JK handled the 1+ feet of snow no problem and dragged the trailer around as well. The ProComp Xtreme M/Ts handled awesome in the snow. No worries there, bet it'll really be awesome without the trailer behind... Certainly walks circles around my PU in the snow.

See less See more
#3 ·
No, I didn't even bother to air down. They worked quite well at regular pressure (29# last time I checked). What really impressed me is how well the front end steers with them. Usually M/T's don't bite well in powder snow or on hardpack and will drift in the corners, but the center tread blocks on the Xtreme seem to work quite well. On the other hand, nothing but ice radials or studs is gonna work on that ice that you ran into....

#5 ·
You betcha.. About 5 hours on the quad deer hunting in the snow. Temp was -14C which is approx +8F. Great weather to track them in, but still not always easy to find the big one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.