JKOwners Forum banner

Crome Grille Overlay From Mopar

6K views 30 replies 20 participants last post by  JeepDog 
#1 ·
The chrome grille overlay for 07 - 08 JK is finally out! It's about $250 - $300. I already ordered mine :shaking: . I already took the rocker side pannels off and put chrome tubular side-steps on there form mopar, I can only imagine what it's gonna look like on there also. Now I have a black 07 Rubicon Unlimited, and boy let me tell you, never get a black car! Finger prints and all the little stuff you cant see on silver or red cars, shows up. But the upside to black is, chrome looks killer on there, and so does mud :laughing:

Now those of you who don't like chrome on their trucks, they also came out with mesh inserts too. So either way it looks great!

Url for Chrome Grill Overlay :

http://www.quadratec.com/products/13131_101.htm

Url for Mesh Inserts:

http://www.quadratec.com/products/13132_1000.htm

#5 ·
Yep
Chrome don't get you home!!!!!!!!!!!

#13 ·
Hey dude,

I got some chrome stuff on my jeep... i was thinking of the chrome grill overlay, but i am waiting.. Need to get the lift first

I currently have the grill inserts on my grill (also have the chrome fuel door and tailligth gaurds)

And this is to my chrome haters:thefinger::D

#15 ·
Boy, i've never seen so much hate against chrome on a jeep. A lot of people automatically think if you add chrome its a hummer wannabe or get the smarta$$ remark of "Chrome won't get ya home"

My God... It's like everybody wants to be the same and have the 'blacked out" or aka "murdered out" look.

I'm not saying everything should be chromed out, but come on wtf?

Here's how i look at it... I am out in the mud playing around and somebody gets stuck and they are a "anti-chrome fan". I guess i will just have to smile and say :thefinger: you are not getting pulled out by me
;)

just kidding... of course i'll pull you out, but be ready to here me tell you how my chrome didn't get stuck...:laughing:

#16 · (Edited)
terrible...just terrible...

on a sidenote I have one of the Metalcrafters black mesh grilles sitting here in my office. Very well constructed. They are welded onto a CNC punched and pressbrake formed frame. The mesh is dimpled so it sticks into the slots on the grille itself.

It is a really nicely done piece, but I'm not so sure all that is necessary for a mesh insert.

#17 ·
I had to chime in on this one...I'm a chick and that chrome thing is NOT a chick magnet (it's a repellant). And coming from someone who is :rainbow2:, that thing is super :rainbow: (an not in a fabulous way)! Save you $$ and buy something more useful or attractive.

#20 ·
Actually the chrome grill looks pretty good on your silver Jeep! I'll admit, I like it on yours, but I think it would look :rainbow: on mine. :smokin:

#31 ·
They say if it don't go Chrome it....that was until my friend lit his tires up at 65mph and proceeded to do a burnout down the NJ parkway.....then i realized Chrome ain't so bad. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.