JKOwners Forum banner

Dec. 19th. Wheeling in West Branch, MI

4K views 32 replies 10 participants last post by  oz97tj 
#1 · (Edited)
Ok, too much talk about getting a group together and not enough action.

So. Dec. 19, which is a Sunday, let's wheel. Let's also hope snow will be on the ground!!!!!

I propose meeting up at 10AM at Walmart (easy to find). I'm also thinking maybe hitting the Lumbar Jack for breakfast around 9ish if people want to come.

The trails will be state trails and some motorsport area, which means an ORV sticker will be required. Other than that, nothing too tough. A stock rig would work fine. Even with snow, it shouldn't be too difficult unless snow is unusually deep for the time of year.

Who's in?

#6 ·
I am not 100% sure i am going BUT i can tell you there are some new rock courses at the St. Helen motor sports Area.

I took my mostly stock jeep over the bunny hill and it was easy but the next step up in difficulty, you would need 35's and lockers.

I am interested in going.

#8 ·
I am up for going, but all depends on work and won't know probably till that week.

#9 ·
Spread the word! No worries about people committing. This is a casual thing. I just want to be sure people know about it is all. Even still, I'm sure there will be people saying, "I wish I would have known." lol

#15 ·
I hope you can too. There is a bunch more to wheeling than parks. Parks are fun, but there is something about exploring trails and seeing some scenery that is great. Toss in a little technical wheeling, and it's hard to beat.

West branch is a good time, there is a LOT of trail up there.
More trails than we could hit in a day...

#18 ·
It's been snowing on and off for the past week. Only an inch or so on the ground, but we still have almost two weeks. Pray for snow. 8 to 12 inches would perfect!!!!

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow...

#20 ·
I just sent PMs to everyone that has posted in this thread that wanted to go.

IF anyone else wants to join but hasn't posted here, just shoot me a PM or post here. I'd hate to leave and then find out somebody came up to go, but missed the group.

#22 ·
Snow is on the ground! Wheeling should be fun. However, maybe I shouldn't have scheduled this so close to Christmas. lol

Currently, I only have confirmed one other guy to go wheeling. For those that can't make it, I'll be doing another run sometime mid January.

#23 ·
I still plan on going if I dont have to work. Just waiting on an updated schedule on Wednesday so I know that someone else will be on call this weekend to cover work.

#27 ·
Looks like I am all good to come up that way. I can be up that way around 10 if that is still the plan.

#29 ·
Due to a high number of people contacting me and not being able to make it due to Christmas obligations and such, this will get rescheduled to most likely mid January. Sometime after Christmas, I'll start a new thread. Hopefully we'll have a bit more snow by then as well.

#30 ·
The DMJC crew is having a run up that way sometime in January in case you guys would be interested in tagging along :)

#32 ·
I'm not sure exactly when we are going up there, but I will find out.

Maybe you should come out to the meeting next month and hang out :) Its always the first Monday of the month at CJ's in Waterford. I'd like to see some more JK guys in the club. So far its me and another guy to my knowledge. And he's a stocker.

#33 ·
I may try to come out some time, but can't commit at this time. I don't know about joining you're club, as I'm working on starting my own! lol. I used to be a member of SoFO, but left due to various reasons. Still very active in GLFWDA though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.