JKOwners Forum banner

Easter Jeep Safari - Moab 2011

16K views 156 replies 58 participants last post by  planman 
#1 ·
I've gone to Moab the last 5 years a week or two after the safari. I want to experience the safari at least once, mad house that it is. I do not, however want to run trails with the safari every day. A group of 10 or under is much better of an experience.

Who here has tentative plans to go? I know there was a JKO contingent last year. Any vendor runs planned, etc?

#2 ·
I would be interested in this as well.

#145 ·
Let me know when ur head'n out.

I will be out there the week before with a group. 11th through the 16th.
Than the 17th-19th there are a couple us running trails/ not with the Safari group though. 21st will be at the tradeshow if I can still work out the booth details. :shaking:

#4 ·
I would love to, but highly doubt I will be able to. I have to say, it is fun, and seeing all the new stuff is great, but I still prefer a select small group in mid to late Sept for 2 weeks....now thats good times! I'd love to do another camp out on Moab Rim.

#8 ·
The wife and I are planning to drive to vegas in sept, then on the way home stop at Moab for 2-3 days, as of right now Mikes Rubi is planning on meeting us their, maybe we can all plan on being their at the same time. Will be my first time.:bounce:

#5 ·
Yip, I plan on being there hopefully with 2 rigs this year.. Moose should be there as well as JKDinker, Slippery, Rambo, Hopefully Smokey and lbeato plus a few others that are slipping my mind right now..

We are working on a JKO run that will be open to all members and vendors.

#11 ·
Thats the plan! hope to be there! :beer:

to REBEL offroad = :beer::beer::beer:

#6 ·
Definately keep us in the loop. If everything goes well I should be able to attend. I am not looking forward to the drive though.

#14 ·
The drive there is no problem. It's coming home that sucks.

Add to it a snowstorm in the rockies and across CO, NE and IA and it becomes barrels of laughs.

#15 ·
Really trying to avoid driving 40 hours there and then 40hours back this year..

I am starting on looking at the logistics of shipping the rigs to Denver or Salt Lake.. flying there to pick them up and driving them into Utah. So if you live in Denver or Salt Lake and you don't mind me shipping my rigs to your house let me know!

Or, if I do end up hauling them out there myself I am going to do it in a couple weekend trips.. say Miami to Atlanta, fly home.. a week later fly back and take them to Denver, fly home.. then Jenna and I will fly to Denver and haul them into Moab.. will still need a place to leave the tow rig, trailer and jeeps in Denver for a week or so.

#16 ·
I'll be out there for the EJS week and the week afterwards. Still working on logistics to get our Jeeps out since my dad really doesn't want to drive his out & most of my buddies have to trailer theirs.

#18 ·
we were supposed to have a beer last ejs!
:beer::beer:

#21 ·
Some guys from another local club looked into this - I think they were planning to ship 4 rigs, and rent a car to drive together to get there. Thier issue was more gas and wear/tear to thier rigs. I think it was going to cost something like $8000 total, round trip for the shipping. They ended up driving. :thefinger:

#29 ·
YEP!!! i had to adjust my rotation but will be back from the desert intime for EJS 2011

"CAIN" will have a new Hemi and SRT-8 seats for everyone this time around!!! my new Ram will tow it out and maybe a built YJ unless this guy drops out later.

#32 ·
I'll be out there too! gone the last 4 years great times and the runs are fun, unless your shit breaks on Hells Revenge like mine did! :pissed: Hit I like the idea of two rigs as mine broke 2 years in a row and we had to be passengers and rent from Farabies....go from 40's to stock... 2 rigs:smokin::smokin:idea

#34 ·
What days is everyone going to try to attend?

I am thinking about booking a hotel now, so I am not searching at the last minute.

#38 ·
going
I will be flying out and renting a jeep (sory) Geezer's Tank will make it some day but 2011 will be me and the lady Martha renting..
3 other members or TOJC are going out. Ricky of Jeepers den might go..
Ill ceep you all posted

#41 ·
CAMP CAMP CAMP....with all these bed bug issues my ass wont stay in a hotel if you paid me. YUCK!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.