JKOwners Forum banner

Has anyone installed the JK 44's on a TJ

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Roklimo 
#1 ·
This might be better on Pirate, but I was wordering if anyone had done it? I am considering the JK 44 front for my TJ (seems like a reasonable solution to my turdy) and since I already run an 8.8 in the rear, I will add the Super88 kit and some spacers in the rear. I have had one mishap so far with my turdy and I must take the blame for the boneheaded break, lost u-joint, inner and outer, both balljoints all in one sweet move. Only thing keeping my wheel with my jeep was the drag link and the brake lines. Luckily, I carry a lot of sh*t and I was moving in less than 30 min.
Any thoughts?

#2 ·
I haven't seen it done yet, but I took some measurements the other day--just rough quickies with a tape, but close:

The lower control arm brackets are really close to the same center-to-center as a TJ axle.

The upper control arm brackets are about 2" wider than a TJ axle. Depending on your setup, that might be OK to bolt up with a flexible upper control arm of some type.

The coil buckets are about 4" wider than a TJ, but there is room to move them in--the diff side isn't butted up to the diff, so carefully cut and relocate the buckets.

The panhard mount is naturally way different--plan on a custom track bar at minimum, and maybe a new axle-side bracket as well. You'll be doing custom stuff for the steering anyway, so that shouldn't be a huge deal.

Post pics if you do it. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.