JKOwners Forum banner

RCV Axles

8K views 24 replies 21 participants last post by  SoK66 
#1 ·
Has anyone on here broken the RCV Rubicon D44 shafts yet? Just curious, I run 39.5 Iroks, not sure how they will hold up. They are doing fine so far on mine.

#4 ·
I cant say that I have seen anyone break an RCV.

I did hear from over on pirate that a guy with a d60, RCV's & something like 49's failed one. I also heard he was pushing 500+ HP?
whether this is true or not?

:beer:

#11 ·
I think that the RCV axles are the last thing you should worry about when wheeling 40's on Rubi 44's. Time to step up to big boy axles for sure. (and I dont call 5 lug 60's with rubi knuckles and ball joints big boy axles) Think of Rubi 44's with 40" tires as a hand grenade, with the safety pin pulled, and the handle secured with 10 year old scotch tape.

Joe

#17 ·
Not a grease problem. It's a design problem. Just call Sean, no wait, he wont tell ya. Call and ask to speak to someone else and ask them if they have started clearanceing the bell to stop the clicking noise. But, that's not the real problem with them either. The real problem is in the cage design inside the cv joint itself. They tried to tell me my steering was causing the problem but, I built a brand new dana 44 that had never been tampered with. I took the liberty myself to disassemble the cv and found the cage to be the problem. Oh, did I mention they warrantied 2 sets and the third set Sean sent it took him 3 months to send. I had three sets of rcv axles in my 44 in a year.

Do a search on here and you'll find that there has been several people have problems with clicking on the rcv's.

#21 ·
i am having the popping issue on mine right now...freakin drives me crazy. only when i first start out, then its fine. and tires have to be turned. thought it was unit bearing, so I replaced it, and sound was still there. pulled the diff cover to check the gears...nope they are perfect, so all it left is the pass. side RCV. will be calling on monday. oh and mine are only a month old

#24 ·
I ran 37 creepy crawlers on a d30 with rcv's. They would still be on my jeep if my daughter hadn't wrecked it and bent the axle. I swapped out to a d44 and running 37's and I do get the popping noise but as long as it's still digging who really cares? I highly recommend them.

#25 ·
One of the few universally admired vendors, if you want 'em get 'em. If I had known they made them fro Spyntec conversions they'd be on my rig right now instead of the Superior evos & CTMs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.