JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum - View Single Post - Evo double down
Thread: Evo double down
View Single Post
post #50 of Old 05-10-2019, 11:13 PM
thedirtman
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by christensent View Post
Honestly, I'd probably focus more on dialing anti-squat than worrying about rear steer. Do you know where your anti-squat is right now? I've never run the numbers seeing that I can't personally measure anything, but pictures of the Evo high-clearance rear long arm always looked to me like the instant center is way too far back leaving a very high anti-squat, possibly well above 100% which would be a big problem for good performance. I recently dropped from about 100% to around 80% and the difference is tremendous for highspeed desert use (wouldn't really even notice crawling, maybe a tiny bit less hop when spinning up ledges).
Raising the axle side lower control arm should reduce the anti squat. EVO also uses a rather heavy coil rate that would reduce actual squat but I would think you might get some wheel hop with it.

Some build info here:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[COLOR="Red"]New to jeeps, check this link
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome