JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum - View Single Post - Project: Right the First Time
View Single Post
post #229 of Old 04-29-2019, 01:29 PM Thread Starter
cody48
Granite Guru

Have ya'll seen these dual rate swaybars from G2?

http://www.g2axle.com/pages/view/core_drs.php

The jeep has always been driven with only a Antirock on the front, and I was thinking I'd like to get it to drive with a bit less body roll on the highway. These G2 units are pretty new, so I couldn't find any feedback on them ANYWHERE. After studying all the other options, I went ahead and decided to be the guinea pig on this one. According to the marketing, it is like an OEM rate until you put air pressure to the center section, then it disengages the outer bar and leaves the smaller diameter inner bar to control the sway.

Box says Made in USA

It looks well built from what I can see. Hopefully the internal air coupler mechanism will work and last.
Pretty simple to bolt it on, except I needed OEM swaybar mounts and bushings that I no longer had. Ordered those from Quadratec with some poly bushings.
This swaybar also does not come with links so I am running the Antirock links temporarily.

Now I need an air supply to be able to disengage it. I've only ever had a c02 tank sitting behind the seats and don't particularly enjoy dealing with it in the way and having to get it filled, plus I use the tank around the house some, so it's not always in the jeep anyway.

All the electric compressor options that I've seen didn't look very satisfying either. Then I found some REAL onboard air! ORO kit that puts a York compressor on the front of your engine.

https://offroadonly.com/shop/on-boar...er-jk-2012-15/

Called up Marcus at River City Offroad and got this ordered. Still waiting for ORO to ship it out though.

Last edited by cody48; 04-29-2019 at 01:50 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome