JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum - View Single Post - 4/4.5” game changer on 35s 4 door
View Single Post
post #45 of Old 04-26-2019, 01:54 PM
Rubi-8
Rock God

There are a few more details to consider when selecting a lift/tire size.

When running the stock fenders more lift is desired to clear said fenders. My current build is a '17 Recon with 4.5" MC long arm with 37s but keeping the painted factor flares. That's my wife's preference and she gets what she wants on her Jeep. If you are going with an aftermarket fender the 4.5" lift and 35s are going to look really silly. Here is where you can get away with a 2.5-3.5" lift/35s (with room for 37s) and not cause other issues but still retain the 'fender gap'.

Also to consider when selecting a lift size is driveshafts. A JKUR on 3.5" or less lift will not require aftermarket driveshafts as the stock ones will work well for a long time before requiring replacement. I built a JKUR on 3.5" AEV (came out to 3" due to all the heavy bumpers and armor) with 35s. It looked and performed amazing with the stock flares.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

07 JK-8
08 2dr Sahara
17 Gobi Recon

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome