JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum - View Single Post - 4/4.5” game changer on 35s 4 door
View Single Post
post #40 of Old 04-23-2019, 11:48 AM
KnightJK
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunright View Post
Can't believe I have to explain this....

If you put a piece of thin wood suspended in the air with both ends resting on a heavier object, attaching a weight to the middle of that and watching the wood bend isn't physics? Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't GRAVITY related to Physics?

"Couldn't be more incorrect." FOH

Understood that skids probably don't effect the COG and not much will.

You literally just told me I don't know Basic Physics.

LOL Bruh you need to read some books and get educated.
Despite your example of a piece of wood being suspended in air but somehow also resting on objects being a static condition and related to mechanics of materials and the deflection of the wood based on a point load, it does not apply to calculating the center of gravity of an object.. While yes, numbers wise, you could argue that adding a large amount of weight in the skid system only, will lower the COG a very small amount, you're also arguing that adding bumpers, rockers, winch (all of which above the starting COG) will help, it will actually hurt it. Ever wonder throughout all your apparent book reading and education why you have to weigh the vehicle on a level plane and then raise the back and weigh again to accurately calculate COG?

But yes, I know what I literally just told you, It's right up there to read.. That's kind of how the internet works. There is one thing that could help COG though. Not installing a 4.5" lift.

Disclaimer: I truly do not care what you end up doing or what your justifications are but you seem offended which is mildly amusing to me today.

Chase Weston

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome