JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum - View Single Post - On the Trail With Discount Tire | Rare Snow Ride Near Phoenix, AZ
View Single Post
post #2 of Old 03-27-2019, 01:10 PM Thread Starter
Discount Tire
JKowners Vendor

At one point I was struggling a bit and stopped to not tax the belt. When I got out the snow went up to my knees - pretty cool, again for us flat laners!

We made it up to an overlook and stopped to take a peek before continuing up to the top. It was incredible to see all the snow on the vast desert mountains.

As we were nearing the top of the mountain someone put a wire gate across the road with a no trespassing sign. I know there is a house on the north side off this road but this is a BLM road. Oh well, we turned around. Maybe this was a good thing as the snow on the north side of the mountain is usually much heavier and it could have ended badly. As we were winding our way back Troy was having fun kicking up the snow as we headed back down the mountain.

As we were headed back to the staging area I decided to take a short detour to show off the waterfall that I was certain would be flowing with all the snow and rain in the lower elevations. The nice thing about living in Phoenix is you can drive up into the snow and within a short distance be back in the desert.

It's always amazing to see big waterfalls in the desert. This one had some awesome colorful rocks as well.

To give you an idea as to the height which I estimate to be about 50 feet tall, here's a photo with my wife and me for perspective.

There are some ancient Indian Pictographs’ on some rocks near the falls too which is always cool to see!

With this last stop, it's time to get back to the staging area so we can get home and clean the mud off the rigs. It was a fun first ride in our RZR and both side by sides with Maxxis Bighorn tires did great in the snow and rocky desert trails.

Check out Discount Tire Direct For more details on the Maxxis BigHorn:

Maxxis ATV/UTV Tires | Discount Tire Direct

Since this is a "new to me" side by side, just like many others I'm weighing my options for replacement tires and wheels to test. Stay tuned to see how the new tires and wheels hold up to the rugged, rocky trails in AZ and UT!

Remember, be safe, pack out what you pack in and buy all of your tires and wheels for all of your vehicles from Discount Tire or Discount Tire Direct!!!

-Don McNeilly

Search ATV/UTV Tires | Discount Tire Direct

Search ATV/UTV Wheels | Discount Tire Direct

Low Prices! More Choices! Trusted Experts!
At The Store:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To Your Door:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Useful Links:

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Discount Tire; 03-27-2019 at 01:53 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome