JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum - View Single Post - the modern jeep owner is a sad reflection of what used to be...
View Single Post
post #6 of Old 02-05-2019, 12:31 AM
j3ff3ry_j33p
Super Moderator

Garage

It does irritate a little but I think even back as far
as the CJ there were the dweebs chroming every piece and sticking dayglo shockboots on all four shocks per wheel...the customization is not so much an issue as the bad-name for the
long time owners when the idiots take these new toys for who's culture they know nada about into ,say, their nearest suburb development or power-line or ( good forbid) nature preserve & go do whatever it is they think is ' badass' but really just violates and ruts up places. Illegal wheeling threatens all of our
access and gives Jeep owners who really tread lightly & respect ( IOWs, we don't need to go in someone's yard or field to 'get some' since we go/tow to real and legal places. )

That's what gets me.
That negative association gets plastered upon all of us and sucks.
If idiots want $1000 Superman emblem etched HIDs or enough bolt on , purple + neon lighting around angry eye grills, let them look like clowns but don't mess access/public tolerance for the rest of us that actually get into the technical + enjoyment aspects of rock sport. That's the BS that gets me.

Furthermore , clowns like that Off-road Cartel mofo are a breath of nitros oxide into the stale-air filled culture. They will move on to bowling or glittery bassboat shows once the Jeep world laughs them outta the game. I pump them up & tell them it still needs more pizazz,ha
's'no different than that horrid 80's truck culture w/ all the vinyl decals , slammed and hydraulic beds...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by j3ff3ry_j33p; 02-05-2019 at 12:38 AM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome