JKOwners Forum banner

07 4 door metal cloak short lift

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  nourlmt 
#1 ·
Anybody here have one? Really like the rock sport system, just don't need 2.5" lift looking for 1.5 so my 285 70 17s don't look foolish.

#2 ·
Just throw some pucks on with some front shock extenders and save the coin. On the rear cut the lower shock mounts off with a cut off wheel and move them up the amount you lift the rear and weld them back on. Then trim the excess metal off the bottom of the control arm bracket for increased clearance under the axle.
https://www.polyperformance.com/suspension/suspension-lift-kits/synergy-jeep-jk-synergy-spacer-kit
https://www.polyperformance.com/teraflex-jeep-jk-wrangler-front-shock-extensions-pair-1553800

#3 ·
If you're running tires that size on a 4 door, you'll probable wish you had a higher lift than 1.5 for the breakover angle.

Other than that, I DO understand that the jku "1.5 inch" springs are a lower rate, aka just the 2 door 2.5 springs, which they say ride a little softer, like the stock springs.

#4 ·
I got death wobble issues. Need new track bar and shocks and tires. Got all new tie rods and drag link all moog. Was gonna get Tera flex drag link and pucks with shocks. Closing in on $1000. Another 400 gets me a complete tuned metal cloak dream ride with flex. Don't really wheel anymore, except the 70ft 100 k lb log truck I drive in and out of the woods 5 days a week. Need bolt in guaranteed cush ride wife won't bitch cut its too tall done in a day so I can go to work as cheap as possble drive over 55 without crashing solution! Really really liking the looks of the overland dual rate kit with shocks.just afraid 2.5 is too tall for my featherweight highway queen. It will never be used off road the way it should,but will definitely see a trail or two a year

#6 ·
Yep! Sick wife sick kid , funeral in the rain. Been a busy day. No time to hunt deer, hardly time for a beer. This is why I don't want to waste time putting less than excellent parts in my jeep! That and I keep reading how dead it is around here. Kinda surprised I even got a reply to yet another " how can I make my jeep awesome and drive like a caddy for less than $500" thread!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.