JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum - View Single Post - 2011 JKU 5.7 Truck Hemi Cooling fan Options
View Single Post
post #8 of Old 02-25-2018, 08:32 AM Thread Starter
stevenjoh1972
Granite Guru

Garage

I still have my stock fan from my 3.8L. It doesn't fit. It is to deep. I had a custom fan shroud and over flow bottle made for me. Now trans temps are up to a 194 degrees on a 85 degree day. Engine temps hold constant at about 210-215. I saw a photo that Todd posted which had a Spal fan in front of the trans cooler. The fan he said he used was a Spal 30100435. That fan is a puller fan which seems pointless in front of the radiator. Spal makes the same fan in a pusher it is part number 30100320. I am going to pick that fan up and mount it in front of the trans cooler and blow air through the condensor. I already have a Spal puller fan which is part number 30100400. The good folks out at Mattson Custom Radiator actually suggest this for out applications. https://the-fan-man.com/product/16-s...tric-fan-s516/.

The 5.7 and 6.4 swaps don't seem to equate to same amount of room front to back. I have a friend of mine with the AEV 6.4 kit. He has room for days to run factory electric fans, and coolant bottles.

I figured out the photos I took are to big to upload. I will go take some low res photos and upload them in a couple min of what mine looks like.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome