JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum - View Single Post - 2011 JKU 5.7 Truck Hemi Cooling fan Options
View Single Post
post #1 of Old 02-23-2018, 09:02 PM Thread Starter
stevenjoh1972
Granite Guru

Garage
2011 JKU 5.7 Truck Hemi Cooling fan Options

I have a 2011 JKU. I have a 2013 Dodge Ram Truck motor in it. The kit is from JSS. My 3.8L started burning oil real bad, and my crappy warranty company voided my lifetime warranty because I had a wench on the bumper and dirt under the hood. My local dealership installed the hemi. I live in Mooresville North Carolina, and it is not unusual to see 100 degree days in August-September. I have had several issues along the way with this kit. The engine driven fan, and clutch assembly noted in the BOM did not fit. The fan was close enough to make contact with the radiator so I sent the parts back and installed a pretty cool fan called a SideWinder which I bought from Mattsons Custom radiator. It is belt driven moves a ton of air, and is only 1 7/8" thick. After 4 mo it seized up waiting for my McDs breakfast. To repair it I put in a SPAL 16" Slim Line 30100400. The other issue I had was the coolant bottle in the BOM did not fit so I was at Kooks Exhaust, they wanted to use my Jeep to design a full exhaust system for the Hemi Jeep. I asked if they could fabricate me an overflow bottle. 870.00 later I have a custom Shroud and Over flow bottle. The issue I am having now is the Spal seems to be having some issues keep up. Engine temps have risen from 190s to 210s, and trans temps have risen from 160s to 190s on an 85 degree day with high humidity. I am about to buy a pusher fan for the trans cooler.

Recommendations, and advise would be greatly appreciated.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome