JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum - View Single Post - Offroad Trailer Build on 40's
View Single Post
post #21 of Old 02-10-2018, 05:32 PM Thread Starter
Keith B.
Granite Guru

So my parking brake kit came in. I have to recommend the company "Control Cables" as they do awesome cables. I used them for the e-brake on my 14 bolt and now for this. They are quick turn around and they do really nice stuff.

I basically used a lever, and then a splitter for the e-brake.

This is the top view of the actual brake mechanism.

I then threaded a hole into the frame so that I could use a retainer to hold the cable against the frame.

This is the splitter going to each cable which I just welded to the frame.

This is the handle mounted to the spare tire carrier, behind it, and connected.

I decided to run it through the frame so the cable wasn't handing down.

I also made the mounting plate for the nose jack. I really like the jack, but the plate was silly big, so I cut it down.

I then welded a piece of 3/8 to the receiver and bolted it on. It hangs down a little but there is no way around that. I really wanted to use this jack, but given the height of the frame with the 40's I had no choice but to mount like this. I mounted it with the hinge farther from the hitch so that I could actually lift it higher given the angle.

07 JKU, 14 bolt rear/ Teraflex 60 front, Tera Long Arm, King Coilovers, 40" MT/R-Ks, Antirock etc. 430HP LS3 engine swap. Cage and 14 bolt swap thread-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome