So I have got a lot done over the last couple weeks.
First I did the tailgate, which is tough making it all seal up correctly and with the latches I used. Basically I used some 3/4 square tubing to hit the weatherstripping, and then a bolt for the latch post.
I then installed the cables.
Here is a shot from the back so you can see it closed.
I also made a stabilizer jack in case we are camping. I welded up a removable receiver tucked into the frame, and then made a post to fit it to the jack.
While I doubt I will need them, I added some locations for RotoPax mounts. I don't know if I will leave them on or off, but I figured it was easier to do it now. I will have a total of 5 mounts. Three across the front and one on each side on the back. I am bolting them through braces I added into the frame of the box.
You can see the holes where they will go. I drilled them now so I can redrill after the skin goes on easier.
Then I made the spare tire carrier. I may brace it but it is 2 pieces of 1/4 tube welded together so it is probably fine.
I also added the triangulation on the front under the tire. I am debating adding some flooring on to that but haven't decided. I has thinking of using the circle hole grating.