JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum - View Single Post - Offroad Trailer Build on 40's
View Single Post
post #14 of Old 01-02-2018, 06:59 AM Thread Starter
Keith B.
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt1guy View Post
Is this from a set of plans, or your own creation? If it's yours, I sure hope you've wrote down all the dimensions. I'd wager you're going to get a lot of requests for the plans. It's that good, seriously.

The fender incursion into the interior doesn't look too bad at all.
Thanks for the compliment but compared to what you are working on this trailer is amateur hour. It is my creation after finding a couple trailers I liked and then drawing it out. I made it so it could go 90 degrees sideways without hitting, and 90 degrees up without hitting the tire carrier (which is not on it yet) on big climbs. The length from hitch to wheel center matches exactly the JK wheelbase so it will have the same turning radius. I did the internal wheel wells to gain space. It adds a space 18"deep x 9" wide x 24" high in all 4 corners, which is a lot on something like this. It seemed a waste to not use all the space I could. I am adding a roof rack to it that can also mount a Yakima box as well, and still be lower that the height of the JK (by 3 inches). I am also adding RotoPax mounts on 5 spots to carry stuff.

07 JKU, 14 bolt rear/ Teraflex 60 front, Tera Long Arm, King Coilovers, 40" MT/R-Ks, Antirock etc. 430HP LS3 engine swap. Cage and 14 bolt swap thread-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome