JKOwners Forum banner

Spacers or leave it?

4K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  Grant Michael Patterson 
#1 ·
Hello,

New to the page. I had the AEV 2.5" DualSport lift installed. It rides great but there is still a rake with the truck, probably as it should as it's a lift and not a leveling kit. But am I wrong? Should it be level and the rake be no more? Picture included. I'd like someone's opinion who is knows this stuff. Just want to make sure I didn't get hosed. Or is the rake not that bad and I should just be happy?

Thanks!

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Thanks

Hey Folks, thank you for the replies. Yea, I will see what happens after a bit. I really like the leveled look, but I guess we'll see what happens. However if I do decide to level it whats the best approach now that I have already installed a lift. I don't want to create all sorts of noises or knocks in the suspension.

#6 ·
i've got that same lift and have just lived with the slight rake. i did purchase a used set of 3.5 AEV springs for the front, but never installed them. you could also add a puck spacer if it really bothers you.

as others have said, you will learn to appreciate it when the jeep is fully loaded, since every ounce of gear is going to be at the back of the jeep and cause it to level out.

another thing to consider is hood flutter. the less of a rake you have, the more flutter you may get. there are ways to combat this - metal hood latches, etc.

#7 ·
RealKnickFan and BoopieJones-

I just bought a 2017 and am contemplating the 2.5" AEV lift. You said it rides well. Did it at all affect the factory feel? How much wander does it give you between the lines, slow and at highway speed?. Also, what tire size are you running? I am debating between the lift or just a leveling kit because I doubt I would ever run anything larger than a 33".

Thanks

#11 ·
I started with 35s and am now on 37s. The only thing i would recommend is getting adjustable front lower control arms instead of the drop brackets that come with the kit. Especially with the 33s you're contemplating, you will be scraping the drop brackets on everything when you go wheeling.

The AEV kit handles great on and off road. I honestly feel it is smoother than stock. Absolutely no wandering, etc.

#8 ·
I think it looks better with slight rake and I would take a bit of rake over reverse rake any day. Like the others are saying, it helps once your loaded up with people or gear (does rake help handing too?). I'm also running the AEV 2.5 Kit with a 115 pound front bumper and have a slight bit of rake. I've only had this lift for about a month, but it seems to settle a bit and looks and handles great. I'm wondering if I'm going to get too much rake once I get a winch installed? If that does happen I'll just add a 1/2 spacer, but I still want to maintain the rake. I'm new to Jeeps and I've only owned my Jeep for about a year and Jeeps the more I learn and look at Jeeps the more my taste change. I'm so glad I'm taking my modifications slow because if I modded after the first month of ownership, I would have regretted so many things. :surprise:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.