JKOwners Forum banner

Is there a Market for Rubi tire and wheel take offs?

2K views 20 replies 14 participants last post by  Mudflap 
#1 ·
When I was a Liberty owner we were buying the TJ Rubicon wheels and tires like hotcakes cause they fit perfect and looked great after a little lift.

With the JKs 5 on 5 pattern is there still a demand for these things if I decide to go steelies and some yet to be determined after market tire? If so, how much should I be looking to sell these for?

Thanks guys. I swear I'm almost done with my newb questions.

#9 ·
Well, as I said, I sold mine with just a few more miles for $750. The spare had 0 so figure that in if you want, but I'll assume your spare is untouched, too.

I'd say $800 might be a good place to start. It's just hit or miss. You just gotta find someone in the market for them. Don't be in a rush to sell them and you'll get the most out of them. If you're in a hurry, then drop the price often and eventually you'll hit a selling point for someone.

#12 ·
The Spidertrax Spacers work well with these wheels. They have the hubcentric rings in them like the factory wheels/hub. As strong as OEM, IMO, YMMV, LOL

:beer:

#13 ·
I bought a set of 5 2010 Rubicon rims yesterday for $200 to use on my M416 trailer. I think I paid $900 of a set of tires and rims with 600 miles on them last year for my X. I think the rubber is worth more than the wheels.

#16 · (Edited)
The Spidertrax do look stout but man are they pricey! It actually costs me more to put rubber on the stock 17" wheels instead of a 15 or 16 wheel. That cost + the Spydertrax is actually more than just buying new steel wheels (crager soft 8s for instance). Is there any advantage to keeping the stockers in that case? It sure doesn't seem to make financial sense.

Nice Gadsden, btw. :beer:

#18 · (Edited)
You can find used Spidertrax spacers for sale here from time to time, And the going rate is $150-ish for four. You cannot go wrong with these spacers. I have a set that i use when i need to put the stock wheels and tires on, But i will never sell them as long as i have the stockers!

Thanks for the comment of the Gadsden. Got to get our country back!

#17 ·
If you've trolled CL you'll see the price range from 500ish to 1200ish.. I bought 5 tires for $200. nearly bought 5 tires and wheels for $500. I would think if you want to get rid of them you could probably hit somewhere around $600-700 for the wheel/tire combo.

Probably not what you wanted to hear, but but if you hit that 800-1000 mark.. if you do sell them, it'll probably take a while.
:beer:

#19 ·
There is no market for these. I will get rid of them for you--just drop them off at my shop. :D

The highest I have paid is $900 for the smoke-grey 2010 Rubi wheels and tires, brand new, WITH the TPMS for a complete set of 5, and they were a 45-minute drive away. I usually buy in the $500-$600 range for under 2000 miles, no TPMS. Over 3000 miles, I am not interested.

#21 ·
I was originally concerned about running wheel spacers, but I've had the Spidertrax on for a while now. Last week after using them for 2000 miles I finally got around to checking the torque on them, and they didn't appear to move at all (I set the torque wrench to 5lbs less than when I installed them so as to not break the locktite). I'm still not 100% comfortable with the concept, but I'm getting there as time goes on. I've just had no problems with them at all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.