JKOwners Forum banner

Toy Haulers for Jeeps

17K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Marine01 
#1 ·
What is everyone using as far as a Toy Hauler for there Jeep. I'm in the market for something along the lines of a Toy Hauler, and the ones out now either have to small of a garage or cant handle the payload. What are some options out there or ideas. I dont want to get a Motorhome and tow the jeep, as this toy hauler will be used for more than just hauling the jeep around.

Thanks

Jon

#3 ·
You will almost have to look into car haulers with living quarters.

I have been looking at toy haulers for years that have a 12'-16' garage but, yeah, they usually don't handle a Jeep's weight. But, car haulers get heavy unless you go aluminum...then they get heavy on the wallet.
I haven't spent any time looking at haulers that don't have a separate garage but there are a lot of 'em.

If your tow vehicle can handle more than 14k lbs, the availability of an appropriate hauler, car or toy, increases dramatically. I'm limited to 14k and have no interest in buying a newer diesel.

Try Trailers and Tow Vehicles for sale on RacingJunk Classifieds - 3047 available

One thing to consider is your assumed length of ownership. If you plan to keep it, spend the money on aluminum. It will not lose much in resale value even ten years down the road and, of course, buying used will save you the initial depreciation.

#4 ·
I bought a 3500 dually to increase my tow capacity to 30K. Honestly, the best approach is a gooseneck trailer in the 35-40' range in length and mount a travel trailer to the front for living quarters and the back half be open and used for the rig. The only other methid is a diesel pusher RV and a car hauler pulled behind it.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.