JKOwners Forum banner

Poison Spyder's video from Moab EJS '10

4K views 30 replies 23 participants last post by  terrahawk 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Awesome video!

Question:

At the 3:53 mark (or approx) the driver reaches down and does something? I then notice that your fronts are spinning and the rears are just sliding along....especially when turning.

(sorry if this is obvious to the vet rock crawler)

#4 · (Edited)
Called a Front Dig. Using a twin stick transfer case (Atlas II most likely), he disengaged the rear driveline and used the front only in addition to using Line Locks, he's able to engage the rear brakes only and thus the rear wheels slide vs free wheel. After watching the video, it didn't appear he used line locks though.

#3 ·
GREAT VIDEO! Thanks for sharing. I wish I could have made it. I have it on my calendar next year and hope to share a few trails and a few :beer::beer::beer: with you.

#14 · (Edited)
Not really saying much here, but just a humorous note. Close friends of mine I actually met in Moab in 2005 who are a husband and wife, each having their own Jeep TJ. Both ran the exact same RE lifts yet the only time her's would squeak was when we arrived in Moab. We just nicknamed it the Moab Moan. No other place would her jeep make the sounds it did when it arrived in and wheeled there, Damnedest thing !

#19 ·
Do people dislike drivers such as those between 5:25 and 6:35?

Awesome video, I really enjoyed watching this one. Excellent camera work.

#23 ·
Thanks all! I just found this thread, but it looks like most the questions have been answered. The Atlas Transfer Case is a great tool, especially for a loooong Jeep. It allows for much tighter turns. The squeaking is hardly noticeable from inside, but anything with Heim joints will squeak especially when they get a little dusty.

The wheelbase on the 4 door is great for Moab...except when you get to the top of the climbs, then the frame or the gas tank grabs. In most cases, I had to give it the Moab Bump to get enough momentum to slide the frame past the break over.
Thanks Again,

#28 ·
Thanks for the compliments on the video. Several months ago I bought a small HD video camera to bring along when we are out on the trails. I'm still trying to get used to it and hope I'll improve my skills with practice. Dusty stitched the clips together and added music. It's amazing how the finish piece turns out with Dusty's touch.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.