JKOwners Forum banner

ESP light on

5K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  seer 
#1 ·
I was driving down a dirt road today and all of a sudden my traction control and my ESP lights are illuminated on my dash. Great.. I checked the sensor and wires, nothing unplugged. I un hooked the battery, no luck. I pulled the fuse - jeep wont start without the ESP fuse FYI. lol. There are no codes showing.

Any clues??? I think it might be my clock spring. but... who knows.

#3 ·
steering wheel is the same for months now. I put new steering stabilizer on last week but have driven all over with no problems.

The light is permently illuminated. Not just coming on at random. Even sitting still on my garage...its on.

#4 ·
If it's on all the time, it's probably the electronic/electrical side. Check all the wires you can see going to the sensors. If those all look good, you may need to take it in. If you haven't done anything to cause the steering wheel to spin around foolishly (like disconnect the pitman arm) then it's probably not the clockspring.

#5 ·
if the brakes are suddenly applying with the light on it should throw a code for one of the wheel sensors. You can pull the J6 fuse and it will leave the abs and esp completely disabled, I ran without mine for a couple weeks when my sensor and hub was bad.

here is diagram of the fuses
http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22584

what fuse did you pull that caused the Jeep not to start?

#6 ·
i pulled the M37 fuse that controls ABS, ESP and the fuel pump high control..it wont work after you pull that fuse because of the fuel pump part of it i guess.

After driving 50 miles last night i went into a move and 3 hours later came out and the light was gone. Then this morning no light until about 10 feet down the road. light came on again, then a chime and a p0627 code wich is a fuel issue. idk wtf is going on.

#7 ·
I pulled my axles a couple weeks ago to install the Rock Krawler lift and mine is doing the exact same thing. Im throwing wheel sensor codes, high amp to the fog light codes and fuel issue codes. Even had a gas cap code. Its still doing it and I have no idea.

#9 ·
Working for a VW dealer..our Routans are chrysler T&C's so we have a star scan tool. PUlled a code C123F - Steering angle sensor. Its my CLock Spring.

#11 ·
nope...not at all. But we get the Routans in all the time with ESP lights on and its the clock spring. Same part thats in the JK. We replaced at least 4 this year in the vans.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.