JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum - View Single Post - Feral animals, hot topic in TX it seems
View Single Post
post #1 of Old 04-25-2016, 07:05 PM Thread Starter
toymaster
Rock God

Garage
Feral animals, hot topic in TX it seems

Just noticed a case in Tehas where a veterinarian is in trouble for killing a feral cat (on her own time) with a bow and arrow. It seems the trouble started when she self posted on facebook. Almost every post on the news articles are people calling to hang her, or worse. She was fired from her job and her employer asked for her vet license to be revoked. There is a hearing going on right now.

Central Texas woman who killed cat with bow fighting to keep veterinary license | | Dallas Morning News

Vet accused of killing a cat appears before vet board | KXAN.com

Other than the obvious millennial social media angle of stupidity, in WY she would have done nothing wrong. Here feral cats are varmints and can be shot anytime of day or year per the state game laws. Personally, if the animal is not a pet (and therefore feral) I have zero issues with what she did, well other than the aforementioned 'look at me' fb move.

Personally, I think this is in the same category of another article I saw last week of some writer trying to get animal deaths included in the topic of 'gun violence'. The Victims of Gun Violence Politicians Won't Talk About

Don't get me wrong, I love my pets, but a feral cat can do some damage to smaller animals. I really do not get all the fuss about, just for disposing of a nuisance. I could see if it was 50/50 for and against but 99% of the public post wanted to crucify her. Who knew far left liberalism is alive and well in Tejas....

Quote:
Originally Posted by virtual_mage View Post
.....a dark forum, were people would sometimes be rude but yet be helpful.
JK 2dr rubi
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by toymaster; 04-25-2016 at 07:24 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome