JKOwners Forum banner

Jk flat fender options?

4K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  cloaked willys 
#1 ·
Looking to swap out the stock fenders. Found a thread from a couple years ago here but nothing recent.(yes I have done my own search 👍)
My old Tj was built to beat on.... This one is quite a bit milder and will prob stay that way, yea, im gettin old.

So looking for some pics and pros/ cons of what's out there. Not looking to break the bank, but want a great quality product.

Thanks!

#4 ·
Anyone know which fenders provide the highest clearance?

I have cut stock fenders right now, and there looks to be room for improvement and definitely a smoother contact error.
I know the MCE ones are technically the ones with the most clearance but I just can't put them on my jeep with the way they look. haha :)

For steel I like the look of the Crawler Conceptz

Aluminium ones from PSC look pretty cool as well

Good luck in your search, there are a ton of options!

#5 ·
But... being that they are disposable items.... What are the cheapest plastic high clearance flatties that don't look as unpolished as the cut factory flares? Oh, and will completely cover 37x13.5 on 4.5" backspace? PA Law says no tread can extend out of the body. I hate my state laws.

#8 ·
What are the cheapest plastic high clearance flatties ...and will completely cover 37x13.5 on 4.5" backspace? PA Law says no tread can extend out of the body.
Cheapest? Saw some where dude screwed a few feet of lawn edging to the inside of his cut stockers. Aesthetics cost more.
Xenon were the widest, I know there is a recent stock looking one that is wider but I don't recall where I saw it.
My tread stuck about 1/2" past the fender.

#6 ·

Pretty well at full stuff with 37's and 4.5 b/s tiding on RK 2.5"
Bushwacker flatties advantage was easy install, cavernous room, side marker lights for the po-po. Flat enough to support my beverage. :) Took a few good beats, creased the fender on a tree. It folded in a couple inches but popped back out with a crease.
Downside is there are aluminum ones avail for similar price.

#10 ·
Bratt , I had a conversation with one of the guys from MC about three weeks ago , he said that they were looking at about a month to a month and a half that they were going to have their new hardline fenders for sale to the public in aluminum . So I guess that maybe in the next two or three weeks they will have the latest rendition of flatties out ?

I like this design more than the others available , so I'll be patient .
You might have a look at their thread in the vendors thread .
Could be what your looking for .

#11 ·
Yep, ive been in contact. Love the hardline style...im good with steel or aluminum...was more curious if anyone had them already and what they thought cost vs product was. And how much of a pita install is. I looked over their install page and it honestly didnt look bad.

#13 ·
I saw the Nemesis in person and they look very clean with a lot of clearance.

As far as fenders go, really depends on teh usage of teh jeep. If you go plastic might as well just try trimming your current stockers (free) and a lot of clearance. There are lots of pics online of different trimming styles.

If the Jeep is going to often see and kiss rocks, go with a tube style that has DOM tubing, avoid aluminum. Consider teh added weight of any metal fenders though, specially if you have a 3.8L Jeep.

Good luck!

#14 ·
Yea there are a lot of pics. Ive been going cross eyed looking for quite awhile now. Finally pulled the trigger on Metalcloaks steel hardline fenders. Ordered the set of 4 powdercoated. Theyre a few weeks out for delivery, a little more $$ than I wanted to spend, but I really like the look and their customer service and products have great reviews. Thanks Will .... And Eric.
Ill post a pic up once I have them on the Heep.

#15 ·
Glad that we were able to help out. I can't wait to hear what you think about them once you get them installed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.