JKOwners Forum banner

Looking for someone to wrench on my JK

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  LHC30 
#1 ·
I have a 2008 Jeep Wrangler JK that I used to love to take offroading. It was an offroad only rig that I would use to also drive to the trails. It's been on Fordyce, Rubicon, Moab, and a ton of trips to the Hammers. It only has 12K miles on it.

Ever since I purchased a new house 3 years ago and my business picked up, I have had NO time to work on the JK. About 3 years ago it was in the middle of a major overhaul.

It was sitting on 37's and I now have 40's for it, 6 pack suspension kit, new arms, new driveshafts, redneck ram hydro assist, new steering components, and a some new minor stuff. Most of what was just mentioned has not been installed.

It already has aftermarket axles and gears so that will not have to be touched.

I honestly have no time to work on the JK and I fear that if I keep saying I will do it all myself, it will be sitting in the garage for another 2+ years.

At this time I need someone to work on it for me in my garage to either:

A. Put in about 20-40 hours of work into it to get it to a condition that I can tow it to a shop for them to finish the work

OR

B. Put in much more work to get it to the condition that it needs to be in to be a trail rig and a pavement rig to get me to the trails.

If we are going with option A. You will have to have a good amount of experience with offroad rigs (preferably JK's). As you will have to install a lift, arms, driveshafts, drop the fuel tank to empty it (as the fuel in there is 2+ years old), and play with the steering.

If we are going with option B (which I prefer). In addition to the experience for A, you will have to have basic electrical knowledge for aftermarket lights and cleaning up the ugly electrical lines that I ran, a welder to possibly install small axle winches, knowledge of installing hydro assist, and an extreme knowledge of steering alignment. I would want the droop tested and limited possibly. Also, the JK has had death wobble since 5K miles that I've been dealing with and I expect it to drive straight at any speed with no fear of death wobble.

I have plenty of tools that you can use in my garage except:

Welder
Air tools and a large compressor.

Either of these jobs are no hurry, so if you have a job and want to work 8 hours per day on weekends only until the job is done, I am fine with that. I will pay a negotiated hourly rate in cash or check (will pay more if check).

If all works out well and you are interested, I will probably be able to provide an additional 8 hours worth of work for you every month or two as I tend to beat my JK when offroading and will not have time to tinker with it after the trails.

Please respond with your experience, pictures of your personal rig, and any other proof that you know what your doing. I am willing to pay a very reasonable rate and expect to get an experienced mechanic and not someone that wants to learn on my rig.

I am located in Upland.

P.S. Please PM me as I do not check forum often.

See less See more
#2 ·
Too bad you don't live in central California I have a shop in the Monterey area. I do just about everything gears lockers lifts ect.sounds like a fun build though. Good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.