JKOwners Forum banner

Block Heater a must

2K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  Berserker 
#1 ·
Last 2 days its been -24/C or -11/F at night (thats not including wind chill). Even with a block heater my 09/JK has a rough time starting, but hey its does finally get going. Not my 06 RAM 1500 though, Its frozen solid (dead) no block heater in it. I hate winter when it get this cold :pissed:

#6 ·
Same here, -32 this morning, mines plugged in everynight in my garage (which is partially heated) when it's -5 and colder. I'm on the FD, we get called out all hours of the day/night, and it's easier on it with temps this chilly!

#7 ·
BRRR...don't miss my winters in Sudbury, ON, one bit!

It got down to 55ºF here a couple weeks ago and people started wearing ear muffs and gloves!!! LOL

#8 ·
I live in the Yukon. My first mod when I picked up the "new" 2007 JK this Dec was an oil pan heater. I'll plug the jeep in whenever it gets -20 or so... it started fine the one time I didn't plug in and left it off over the weekend at -30 (was surprised). But I try not to do that... figure I paid (or will have paid) 30K by the time it's done... might as well do what's possbile to assist the engine.

#10 ·
When I lived in the frozen north I fitted a little fuel burning heater unit to my truck - Webasto? - it heated the coolant and ran the interior fans on a timer switch without requiring any external electrical power. So not only did it heat the block, but also the cabin.

The feeling you got when you came outside in the morning, watched your neighbours scraping ice off their windshields and just climbed into a nice, preheated vehicle was priceless.

#11 ·
I have yet to plug in my 08' it gets parked on the drive and starts regardless of the temp. we had a 3 week spell in december where it didn't get above -30 and dipped below -45 and actually hit -51 over night. I use synthetic oil which makes a huge diffrence, and keep an eye on the batt.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.