JKOwners Forum banner

2011 Jeep JK ECU Issues HELP!!

6K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Gonzzo 
#1 ·
Ok so i recently purchased a 2011 Jeep Sahara JK and lifted it and put 35s on it.
*Summarry*
Put a tuner in vehicle, went to return to stock and had issues. Finally got a "successful" restore and backup but motor was idling at extremely low RPMs, not running to good, and AC was not working. Tried to reinstall tune but couldnt because of tool not marrying to the vehicle. I think the mapping is messed up and crossed up and isnt properly being read by the ECU causing the electrical system for the AC to malfunction.
Question is do you think a factory reflash by a MOPAR PCM from the dealership will fix this or am i in to deep and have to purchase whole new relay and electrical system for AC and or replace ECU? PLEASE HELP
*Full Details*
With that said, I was getting bad gas mileage and poor performance so I purchased a Diablo Sport Trinity T1000 and tuned the jeep and it was an excellent tune.
But here is the problem, I went to restore the tune to factory to bring it in to dealership for oil change, tire rotation, etc. So i didnt want that tuner to be in there and void warranty.
Well upon restoring the factory tune, something got crossed up in the mapping. At first the tool told me unable to restore and back up factory tune then brought me through some other attempts and steps and then finally "successfully" restored the factory tune.
Once I had the "successful" restore i went to turn the jeep on and it hesitated to crank like it was starving for fuel then caught and cranked, turned on AC like i normally would and when i did that it was blowing strait hot air and the compressor was not kicking on or engaging. Also at idle the Jeep drops to an extremely low RPM like it will die out but never does. I tried to redo the tune and tune it back to MPG Booster to see if that would correct it and it wouldnt even let me tune the vehicle saying it wasnt married to a vehicle when it had previously "successfully" restoredand backed up the factory tune.
Anyways still no fix, no idea what tune and what mapping is going through the ECU and still no AC.
I think the ECU just needs to be reflashed to factory and i should be good to go but im not sure what to do here or even how to go about contacting the dealership to flash the ECU and how much it would cost. ANY HELP WILL BE GRETFULLY APPRECIATED. I live in southwest Louisiana and no AC down here is no joke lol.

See less See more
#2 ·
I think the ECU just needs to be reflashed to factory and i should be good to go but im not sure what to do here or even how to go about contacting the dealership to flash the ECU and how much it would cost. ANY HELP WILL BE GRETFULLY APPRECIATED. I live in southwest Louisiana and no AC down here is no joke lol.
If you end up needing a reflash, Mid County Jeep is a pretty mod friendly dealership but it's in Port Arthur, Tx. Welcome to the forum!

#5 ·
Ok thanks!! I'm gonna get something lined up at a dealership!!

Yeh I contacted Diablo, they haven't been much help at all and swear that their tuner can't cause that......funny a jeep with 25k miles on it has an electrical problem with the AC directly after trying to restore factory settings with their tuner lol

#7 ·
this may be of no help but , then again, I have the same model JKU Sahara & feel compelled to ask if you disconnected the negative battery lead ( 30+ min will do) after experiencing this 'glitch' upon stock tune restoration ? the finicky JK ecu system requires a full 'relearn' about most if it's system after changes and you'd be suprised what resetting that via the disconnection will take care of when the computer gets all befuddled...you probably have but just wanted to make certain.
also, maybe it's under extended warranty but changing yournown oil and rotating yournown tires is pretty much an hour of work on a nice afternoon .... sure beats having to squirm about dealership visits that , ultimately , were what initiated your issues with a decently functioning tune ....again, my ï¿Â*. 02...

#8 ·
Sounds like the factory program was corrupted while switching back, low voltage from the battery or a bad ground may have helped the failure, either way, a re-flash is your second to last option. See if a dealer can flash it for you, if not, you might bave to spring for a new one.

I had heard something about the trinity issues, I would have expected the manufacturer to stand behind their product. I also have the trinity and have had no issues for 1+yrs, but I didn't update to newest firmware, I definitely won't now!.

As a side note, there is a vendor on here that sells 2011 tuned ecus (name eludes me right now), yoj might want to look into that as well.

Good luck!....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.