JKOwners Forum banner

Help me, spend my money... or yours

3K views 21 replies 14 participants last post by  ratchettt 
#1 · (Edited)
I have $1500 burning a hole in my pocket.

I save money like a Mormon girl angry with daddy, stays a virgin.

I have a 2000 mile 14' JKUR that's horribly stock and that makes me sad.
:bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: <---- honestly, that sad.

I want something that motivates me to save more and finish it.

Should I get:

5 Copper SST 37's
5 17x9 4.5" backspacing MT classic 3's
The base 3.5" Metal Cloak kit that I can build on.
Rear bumper w/ tire carrier
F/R Nemesis fenders
4.88 gears installed
Poison Spyder add-on cage and CB
Front bumper and low grade winch w/ synth cable
Misc small parts like programmer, mirror relocation kit, CB, etc..
4 Coil Overs and skip the Metal Cloak
Tornado Throttle Body spacer and donate the rest to the actors guild of Hollywood in the name of Texas Ranger?
6 8balls and a one way trip to Vegas
Other

See less See more
#3 ·
So your vote is ..
Front bumper and low grade winch w/ synth cable ?

or

Winch plate and a proper fast line speed winch?

I already have all the snatch blocks, D-rings, tow and tree straps from my old TJ.

I'm not going to wheel the "piss" out of my $42,000 Jeep, that's what a $4200 Jeep is for. I will however drive the "are-you-sure-you-want-to-do-that-with-your-new-Jeep" out of it :)

#5 ·
id do the metalcloak lift! it will look silly till you get new rubber under it but i ordered 2 sets of rock sliders till i found metal cloak. they personally called me and thanked me for my purchase. granted it take 4 weeks to make and paint them but hot-damn thats awesome service!

#12 ·
Mormon girls have to tithe, so i'll send you the address to send it to for the Church of JKO... :thefinger:

Same ole question with an obligatory list of possible parts and here is my standard response. Ready?

What kind of wheeling do you like to do, oh maker of fermented nectar? :D

Unless you plan to crawl the mall or pose in the garage (ahem, like me), then in that case, get all of it. Including the bacon, duh!

#17 · (Edited)
I can't sleep so everyone gets a reply!

Also, it's not like I'm expecting earth shattering news from this post and I have given lots of time into researching what parts I wanted, for the most part. I have been lurking various Jeep forums since 2004 and this is not my first Wrangler. Just the first new Jeep, that needed everything... I have never been in the "need it all" and the "can only have one" camp before, so I thought I would get some random advice :)

What kind of wheeling do you like to do, oh maker of fermented nectar? :D

Unless you plan to crawl the mall or pose in the garage (ahem, like me), then in that case, get all of it. Including the bacon, duh!
I plan to crawl the malls 90% of the time, they have tall curbs. I also have relatives in S. Utah, so I play in the red rocks there 2 times a year. The rest of the time is about 10 trips a year to ORV's in WA & OR and weekly forest roads.

I plan to buy all of it... just not at once.

Spend all your money on the 37's (BTW, $1500 will only get you four of your Cooper SST 37's).

Once you have a grand-and-a-half of Jeep parts you can't use, you'll be plenty motivated to save up the other 3-5 grand you'll need to use them.
[/COLOR]
This was my original plan. I was going to stack them in the way of the front door. Like a football tire run lol.

(BTW 5x $301.96 = $1509.08 ... close enough)

Think how fun it would be to cruise around with stock tires running 4.88's. That's what gets my vote. Actually, you should just go for 5.13's or 5.38's.
I think it would be kinda fun from stop light to stop light lol... there would be some surprised civics in town.

I have the 5 speed auto. From what I have read from lurking, 4.88's are stronger and plenty fine for my 37's. I also get to make a couple of 16 hour drives at 80mph every year, not sure how bad I would want 5.38's!

#15 ·
I have $1500 burning a hole in my pocket.

I save money like a Mormon girl angry with daddy, stays a virgin.

I have a 2000 mile 14' JKUR that's horribly stock and that makes me sad.
:bawling: :suicide: <---- honestly, that sad.

I want something that motivates me to save more and finish it.

Should I get:

5 Copper SST 37's
5 17x9 4.5" backspacing MT classic 3's
The base 3.5" Metal Cloak kit that I can build on.
Rear bumper w/ tire carrier
F/R Nemesis fenders
4.88 gears installed
Poison Spyder add-on cage and CB
Front bumper and low grade winch w/ synth cable
Misc small parts like programmer, mirror relocation kit, CB, etc..
4 Coil Overs and skip the Metal Cloak
Tornado Throttle Body spacer and donate the rest to the actors guild of Hollywood in the name of Texas Ranger?
6 8balls and a one way trip to Vegas
Other
If you're going to take the advice of strangers, and not research any of it, you deserve this answer:

Spend all your money on the 37's (BTW, $1500 will only get you four of your Cooper SST 37's).

Once you have a grand-and-a-half of Jeep parts you can't use, you'll be plenty motivated to save up the other 3-5 grand you'll need to use them. :thankyou:

#18 ·
I vote for the lift and lights too. I'm pretty happy with my recently installed MC lift and trucklites. Its a pretty good start and I'm definitely motivated to continue with my build but at least I get to use the mods while I save up for more.

#19 ·
I went ahead and put the cash down on the full "game changer lite" lift (with my setup, the game changer shocks would be pointless). Pretty motivated now, no cash and nothing more then a piece of paper to show for it.
The shop is going to order the lift now, since I guess it can take a month for the parts to even show up.
I bet if the kit comes in and I know its sitting there waiting for me to pay it off, I'll make it a priority.

#21 ·
Well, I guess I'm too late with my vote for "hookers and blow"....

Otherwise, I d have put on 35"s with no lift.

That way you would be incredibly motivated to save for a lift so you could drive your Jeep!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.