JKOwners Forum banner

Steering wheel replacement

7K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  1alembic 
#1 ·
I have a 2008 X with a steering wheel that is going bad - finish flaking off and generally looks like crap. I would like to just buy a new wheel but they are damn expensive.

I have the Kakhi interior so eBay didn't have what I needed. My question is - what other Dodge/Chrysler/jeep steering wheels will fit. My only requirement is that I maintain the airbag. I don't want grey but I could deal with the black as long as the airbag/horn cover is consistent.

Thoughts?

#4 ·
Will the airbag fit in the jeep liberty wheel? What about the cruise?

I really detest the Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep wheels - my 2006 Dodge Ram had the same issue. Don't they realize that trucks/jeeps get used by folks with dirty hands.

Give me a hard plastic steering wheel any day that can stand up to mud, grease, sweat, blood or whatever I throw at it versus these cheap ass plastic coated spong wheels or leather that was in my truck.

#10 · (Edited)
I know this is an older thread but I have a similar question. Does anyone know for sure if 1 2012 Paitriot steering wheel will fit on the steering column of a 2012 Wrangler? The patriot steering wheels on ebay are a good bit less expensive than the Wrangler steering wheels. So that is why I'm considering a patriot steering wheel.
Thanks.

#11 ·
I think that you need a wheel from a 2011 and up Wrangler or a 2012+ Liberty.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.