JKOwners Forum banner

37" on 3.5"

24K views 42 replies 30 participants last post by  jeeperjkjeeper 
#1 ·
#8 ·
#31 · (Edited)
I've been dealing with Andy with TWF for a long time. Great guy to deal with!
Take my advice...get the 1/2 rock ring at least... you will thank me later. if you decide NOT to run a rock ring I have a set of 5 I can send you. iners are black outers are bare. I used my outer with the RR when I went to tons. I wouldn't run anything else for real trail use!
Also IF you get a new set from Andy...spend the little extra and let him powder coat them for you.....iners are a PITA to paint well with spay paint.

https://scontent-b-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/578678_10150978774947598_100290689_n.jpg

Photobucket was givin me fits.... sorry

#19 ·
#23 ·
I went from 35 Toyo MT on XD Addict wheels to the TWF recentered bead locks, and 37 hummer take offs. The tires are much light that the TOYO but there is a good bit of weight in the beadlocks. I think the combo is about 150lb each. However they roll and feel good. I am actually getting better gas mileage than I was with my 35 inch Toyos.

I drive 70 miles each way to work with no issues. They drive 75 mph down the road just fine. I have a slight vib around 45 but that is likely just a balancing issue. Mine are flat black with the half beadlock.

#27 ·
I had MTR 37s for a few thousand miles on a 3.5" RK xfactor lift on 17" addicts. I was not happy with road manners. I traded for a set of Toyo MT 35s and cash. Much better drivability, the Toyos are less "bouncy", track down the road better and my mileage is up from 13mpg to 14. I have a 6 speed and stock 4.10 gears.

The 37s looked bad ass but I was happy to give that and the off-road advantage up for better drivability.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.