JKOwners Forum banner

St. George

3K views 22 replies 11 participants last post by  adamkaikens 
#1 ·
Wife and I are tired of CA. We are moving to St. George asap. Who is going to be our neighbors? :beer:

#8 ·
Not sure if you saw the thread that Marcy started, but I listed a lot of valid points for St. George. I could still end up living there in the next year or two. It hasn't been ruled out yet. I think you and the Mrs. will like it there, can't go wrong with high desert living only a few hours from Moab.

#10 ·
We go out there a couple weeks a year. One week around Winter on the Rocks and another in the fall once it cools off. We love wheeling there and like the city.

We've met quite a few wheeling folk who live there. Bob from TnT Customs has friends who live there. He could connect you.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#13 ·
So this may raise some hairs but I want to know who got pissed off at the gas station in July when someone pulled in the wrong way...pissed enough that a helicopter was sent out to investigate. You have any Intel on this? And sorry for hijacking the thread but figured maybe drama was one of the reasons for the move too...lol

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#14 ·
Awesome. Maybe another JKO night ride the night before WOTR and I can wheel with you finally. I'm a little far north but Utah is awesome and St. George is amazing.

#15 ·
#17 ·
Was in St George this summer and we all really liked the place. Im looking for a job cuz I think we will be moving there soon. We went to Zion and GC while we were there.

Im getting ready to retire next May hopefully and want to relocate there!

It was a really nice place and as mentioned close enough to CO, Moab, and NV for anything we want to do.

#18 ·
Been there a few times and headed back in Nov to listen to Nancy and Ann Heart rock the canyon. Have never been there for more than 3 days but from what we saw we liked the place. Was nice to not have the blasted wind howling 24/7 like it does in this desert. Place was clean and we didn't see any graffiti. Sure it is there but we didn't see it.
Dixie 4wheel is a great place if you need mods or work. They also put on runs in the local area.

#19 ·
Actually the town just out of St. George is called Hurricane. Apparently according to stories I've heard the Scots moved there and named it Hurricane but pronounced it Hurican(with a Scotish accnent) because of the crazy wind. So now the crazy people of Utah call it Hurican.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.