JKOwners Forum banner

New Hybrid

3K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  Rescue1 
#1 ·
last march i traded in my 2dr for a 4dr with the sole purpose of getting an Rv. well i finally got it and last friday was our first outing. we went to the beach, not too far from galveston.

We ran down there Friday and stayed at the Quintana RV park. the park was full but the pedistrian beach was empty! jeep likes it between 55-60 mph gets about 9 mpg and sits in 4th running 2800-3200 rpm. and she doesn't like the hills/bridges. wow i can't wait till i can regear. so my 1.5 hr trip down took 3 with traffic (lots of accidents) and the headwind and about 2.25 hrs getting home.
awesome day at the beach, no jellyfish, water was cool, beach was clean, no people just lots of crabs. (in the water, not on me)
now to the few pics i have
at the house

setup

kids

big boat

in the day parking before heading home

were off to waste money at SeaWorld this weekend, yeah :(

See less See more
#2 ·
how much does that weight????? looks like its well over 4500lbs

#3 · (Edited)
4499....... with nitrogen in the tires:grinpimp:

On edit... here is what I found on the Jayco site:
http://www.jayco.com/php/products/lite.weight/trailer.php?id=174

Unloaded vehicle weight (lbs.) 2,850
Hitch weight (lbs.) 465
Gross vehicle weight (lbs.) 3,500
Cargo carrying capacity (lbs.) 650
Measurements
Exterior travel length 17' 4"
Exterior height w/opt AC 115"
Interior headroom 78"
Exterior Height 106"
Tank Capacities
Fresh water capacity (gals.) includes water heater 30.5
Gray wastewater capacity (gals.) 30.5
Toilet/black wastewater capacity (gals.) 22.5
Other
Sleeping Capacity 5-6

#6 · (Edited)
I cant believe that thing can pull that trailer. I took mine on a 5000 mile road trip and it would come close to overheating on interstate grades over a mile long. Stopped to have it checked and was told by the dealership all was a-ok. The tech took me aside and said it due to having an inadequate power plant for the size & weight on the vehicle.I was not towing anything but 36'' tires on a 4'' lift. Have you had that thing out of the flat lands yet? And if so, how did it do ?

#7 ·
nope just flat lands, but the secound trip i was able to maintain 65-70 mph in 5th. and got better gas mileage. figured at the higher speeds that the gas mileage would go down but i guess going up a gear and down rpms helped more.

there are a couple of large causeways to go over down there and so far i've slowed to 45 mph as the fastest i could take them.

both my last two trips the ambient temp was 103-105 deg. i dont have a tranny temp gauge yet but the engine stayed the same as it always does. needle didn't move.

but no matter what it pulls better than a prius. ha ha (sorry i had to)

#9 ·
yeah but you hook this thing up to a prius and it would have a perma wheelie. is the prius front wheel drive? ha ha

i have plans to take this back to our propety in southern Colorado, but i need to regear before i takle any hills in the near future. we'll see.

#13 ·
thats awsome, that it dosent weigh that much, ive alawys wanted a good pop up. that thing looks sweet.

#14 ·
Why did you have to tow in 4th gear?

Was the head wind that bad? Do you only have the 3:73 gears?

I tow smaller version with mine but I have a rubi so I have 4:10 gears. The only time I had problems was in spring going to Moab. I had strong head wind going across Nebraska and I got 9 MPG, but that was also alcohol loaded gas. Other wise I get between 11 and 13 MPG when towing and I think our frontal areas of our trailers are about the same.

Do you have a good load leveling hitch with anti-sway control, as the biggest complaint about my TT is the feeling of everything vehicle that passes me I can feel. It does not matter if I tow with the Jeep or my pickup.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.