JKOwners Forum banner

Anywhere Legal On Long Island?

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  JKUnlimitedSport_2010 
#1 ·
Hey, I live on the southwest section of Nassau county. Anyone know of anywhere legal I can wheel? Anyone have property even out east in Suffolk that they allow fellow jeep buddy's to wheel on?

#3 ·
Only legal spots on L.I. are the beaches. And who know's how much of that Sandy left for us...

#5 ·
Nothing is illegal until you get caught. Spots on LI aren't worth the trouble.

#6 ·
ya nothing legal and the few dirt roads that are open to the public are not much fun. Besides they have been closed to public access up until the start of hunting season this year. They found a few dead bodies and closed them off pending investigation. If there is anymore trouble out there I am sure they will get closed off permanently so tread lightly.

#8 ·
Yeah Sam pm me too!

Sent from my iPhone 5!

#9 ·
Please keep in mind that the places that are not technically ILLEGAL have already been closed to motor vehicle access with in the last year and they have only been opened to allow access to licensed hunters. These places are little more than a dirt road and while there are many roads in the area if you are found off of the main roads you will receive hefty fines and possible vehicle impoundment. If motor vehicle assess is permanently closed due to the actions of off roaders then it will be a huge step backwards for off roaders all over the island and will make the hunters hate anyone with a jeep. Having been in these areas to mountain bike since they re-opened I can tell you that the areas are regularly patrolled by police and DEC officers, much more so than in the past.

#10 ·
Doesnt sound like fun any more haha!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.