JKOwners Forum banner

Crosspost since I'm banned...

3K views 21 replies 14 participants last post by  highoctane 
#1 ·
http://www.jk-forum.com/showthread.php?t=75931

If anyone happens to read or post over there, just some FYI...

1. Those tube flares were a slapped together prototype that were barely even on the Jeep for the SEMA show. Pretty common practice for manufacturer's at SEMA.

2. Those prototypes do not and will not resemble our final product. In fact we've chosen to put the entire project on hold due to equipment shortcomings. Once some new goodies come in, we'll be starting production up again.

Just so you know.

- Jason

#2 ·
just read that whole thread. OMG. it is amazing to hear all the ridiculous information on there and how the fanboyz follow. I really feel so bad for all the new Jeep owners out there that do not know any better and base thier understanding of the Jeep world from that forum.

It is also sad that a lot of those JK owners are new and do not understand how small JKF is in the offroad world. Most of the companies that get bashed have been in this biz for years and across many different platforms.

Just hope they wake before irreversibile damage is done

#3 · (Edited)
Did I read that thread right??? I don't remember who posted it but does someone really believe Sahara fenders are more rigid than Rubi or X standard black fenders due to the primer/paint/clear coat? Joking right? Seriously? :confused: (<---thanks Gold Knight)

Who makes the emoticons on this forum? I'd the one I've seen where the lil guy is scratching his head in confusion with a question mark above his head please :D...surely someone was joking around, I'll just go with that so I can rest this evening.

#5 · (Edited)
EDIT> No worries. I remember seeing a thread here a while ago about that one over there. Seems to be status quo for banned vendors.
Did I read that thread right??? I don't remember who posted it but does someone really believe Sahara fenders are more rigid than Rubi or X standard black fenders due to the primer/paint/clear coat? Joking right? Seriously?

Who makes the emoticons on this forum? I'd the one I've seen where the lil guy is scratching his head in confusion with a question mark above his head please :D...surely someone was joking around, I'll just go with that so I can rest this evening.
You mean this one?:confused: About halfway down on the right just above :dustin: < the Texan avitar.

#6 ·
Goodness! Well certainly the composite material between the X, Rubi & Sahara for fenders are the same with the Sahara composite just being manufactured by a smoothed injected mold. I'm not a Chrysler engineer so I can't confirm the fender material composition. But "technically" speaking anyone with a little common sense can see how (quote) "technically" two coats of automotive epoxy primer, paint color and clear coat would from an engineering standpoint be a (tiny bit stiffer) than the exact composite material fender without a coating. Regardless it would cause damage to the JK body regardless of this "tiny bit stiffer" condition, I've seen a couple of X & Rubi bodies damaged from stock fenders, just takes enough force.

Back on topic, Jason @Warrior if you guys are considering re-tooling your shop, etc for fenders could you please possibly consider some body armor that your redesigned fenders could actually attach to? Also are you guys considering ditching diamond plate fenders? Would be awesome.

#17 ·
Bsically from what I gather, Warrior made some flares in a hurry to meet a dealine for the SEMA show. A picture got posted of them pre-paint or something showing bondo. Then they go on to bash Warrior for using bondo and hiding poor workmanship. A picture got posted of a gap between the body and the fender. Then WOL shows pix of what steel fenders do to the body (damage) if they take a hit vs the plastic ones. I didnt read it all but that's what I gathered. Hard to even read threads over there, for some reason the pages load real real slow and when I scroll it moves slowly and in chunks.

#22 ·
Wow. Just read through that thread. I'm glad I found another site dedicated to the JK. I don't knoiw how many threads I've seen over there where WOL edits the threads to his liking. It's worse than the damn Chinese blocking the internet and media. I feel sorry for anyone new over there as well that has no clue, and is taking in all the misinformation over there. If someone wants ube fenders, they'll by some damn tube fenders. WOL just needs to keep his personal opinions on what he likes on HIS vehicle to HIMSELF. I mean MR LIKA was just talking his experiences with his tube fenders, and he just gets bashed. Just not right.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.