JKOwners Forum banner

Maxxis Bighorn's anyone?

5K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  bOLsAK3 
#1 ·
Looking at the Maxxis Bighorn 305/70r17's. I don't have any experience with these tires and I was looking for what your experience with these tires are?! And pictures help!

#2 ·
I ran them on my WK in 265/70/17. I had them in snow up in Mich and NC muddy clay. Very good straight line traction in all types of off road conditions, also very good on road manors. Fairly quite for a mud terrain until they get passed half way in wear but not offensive. Looking at either these again or the Cooper STT for the JK. Now just gotta decide if I'm going 37 or stay 35.

#4 · (Edited)
I'm running 315/75/16 Bighorns. Good tires. Fairly aggressive, good performance both on and off road, wearing well, and very cheap compared to others I was looking at.

The only semi-negative things I would say about them are the size and the siping. They are spec'd at 34.6". Actual height under my 4door is 33.5". (you might consider the 35's instead of the 34's). The sipes are very shallow, so if you drive snow and ice, you will want to get them re-cut by the second winter.

And a few pics of them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.