JKOwners Forum banner

stock fog light bulbs are nuts

13K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  jlagross 
#1 · (Edited)
i cant believe they put $ 50.00 bulb on these jeep, my viper fog lights bulbs are just 8 bux, what are these people thinking, going with such a weird bulb size that can only be had at the dealer. they changed after 2009, just venting, refuse to give them 100 bux for 2 bulbs i will do with out them. its just retarted.:shitstorm:

#3 ·
My dealer nailed me for $35 for one, so you are getting ripped off. True about the ebay though. I like keeping the stock fogs on my Poison Spider front bumper vs. doing the Rigid conversion or the likes, so that i have something to use on the streets but yeah WTH with those bulbs.

I think the new Cameros and some other GM vehicles use them. Surprised you can't find em at any parts store.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

#4 ·
I get my replacement fog light bulbs for my 07 in my brawer lite at Auto Zone ??? did they change to an OEM Mopar only bulb ?

#5 ·
Yeah, the cool thing about their bumpers is the factory housing bolts directly onto them. So, sounds like 2008ish and up have a different housing that only takes that stupid bulb.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

#11 ·
Thought I'd update this thread after resorting to searching one of those other forums at the auto parts store today. One of my fog light bulbs blew, and I thought it would be an easy fix... head over to Advance Auto and pick up a $4 bulb. Boy, was I mistaken!

The replacement Sylvania bulb, part number 2504, is not carried in any parts store (yet), and it looks like dealers are capitalizing on that fact to the tune of $48 PER BULB! Even if parts stores do eventually get them, the bulbs will be $25 per bulb, and nothing to write home about at only 24w.

I'm going back to ME this week, and I need the fogs to work (crapy weather forecast, and I'm waiting till after the holidays to get a set of Trucklites), so I wanted a replacement bulb. As it turns out, Sylvania part number 2502 will work, it just needs a few tabs trimmed.

Two of the tabs, the ones on the outer ring, weren't difficult to trim at all, it was the tab on the inner ring that was tough. An exacto knife and a lot of patience did the trick - snapped in like it was meant to be there, and it works fine.

Hopefully my mentioning those part numbers will help someone else in my situation without having to commit he unspeakable act of visiting another forum!

#12 ·
You can also get them as LED versions from under $5 on eBay. Price will determine quality, of course... Just run a search for "LED PSX24W".

#13 ·
I've been doing some searching on this and other Jeep forums about the LED replacements. some have said they flicker, otehrs have said they had to add resistors to fool the ECM into leaving them active.
Anyone have a definitive answer as to whether the LED replacements play nice with the 2011 computer?

#14 · (Edited)
I just installed a pair of LED bulbs from Fyre Fly ( http://www.fyreflys.com ) onto my stock Fog Light harness on my 2010 JKR. I purchased from his eBay listing. These bulbs have the resistors.

They do not throw enough light to be used as FOG lights persay, but neither did the factory. I use them as DRLs, so the LEDs fit the bill fine.

This vendor is in TX and was quick to replace a bulb that got damaged in shipping. It was a good experience.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.